Super Contributor

Purses - can someone offer some insight for me?

I look at the Kathy Van Zeeland line and they look nice - some have way too much BLING for me, so I just skip them altogether. Then, I read the description - they are 100% Vinyl. Okay, so why are they priced like LEATHER? I have a real problem buying a 100% vinyl purse, which is why I don't own any in her line.

I don't mind non-leather purses. I have plenty of The Sak (crocheted), Fossil (canvas), a few Land's End totes (canvas) that snuggle up right next to my Coach and Dooney and Aigner and several other leather ones in the closet. I have them in various price points. Something about buying a vinyl handbag - will it hold up long term - until I get tired of it, not until it falls apart? Will it be secure? Will I constantly have to check to make sure the strap hasn't fallen off, come apart, etc.? I hear some ladies rave about her bags and I think "am I missing something?" I have ordered (and returned) one of them - it squeaked! That plastic on plastic squeaking drove me nuts! Felt like a raincoat - which is fine for a raincoat, but not for my purse. I have seen them and held them in my hands in department stores and I really just don't get it.

Can someone explain the love of a vinyl purse to me? Does anyone have any insight? Maybe another lady who loves her handbags. Thanks!