Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm one of those people who subscribes to 'if it occurs in nature it works'.  Maybe it's my eyes, the skirt looks like a terracotta color.

I think some shade of purple would have looked okay with the skirt. For me it's the sequins paired with what looks like a twill skirt that is not working for me.

haven't you heard "everything goes with everything," lol....

Honored Contributor

Lovely young woman.

I never like that style top --  sleeveless mock turtle -  in any fabric on anyone. And adding sequins pushes me farther away!

Not sure I like that skirt either although I know it would be horrid on me.

As for the colors -  put the two into a print and add some creme or green and I think I'd like them together.

Trusted Contributor

Purples and browns are a great combo, for fall and winter.  The problem here is not the colors or even the season, its the styles of the top and shirt, too different to wear together. 

Honored Contributor

@nana59   I've heard that Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It's not flattering or attractive at all...

Honored Contributor

No, hate the top, love the skirt....She is so cute! 

Esteemed Contributor

She is adorable, but there is nothing right about that outfit, in my opinion.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I like the skirt,  I had a work  skirt almost identical to that back in the 90's.  It was camel colored.  I don't like the color combo here and I don't like the sequin top with it.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind the purple/rust color combo ... what I do dislike is the fabric combo and the style combo.  

I agree that the sequin top does not go with that style skirt.

And, if you look closely at the inside of the back of the skirt - at the hemline - it looks like someone did a really sloppy job of hemming.  They could have at least pressed it when they finished!

I absolutely cannot stand any garments that show the "unfinished" inside of the fabrics.  Just looks so cheap!  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama I think it's terracotta too. I like terracotta, but I would only put it with ivory or some other neutral that works with it.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"