Honored Contributor

Pure Cotton or Cotton With Stretch?

What's your preference?

I like pure cotton, but I also like a little stretch and the little bit of color fastness that comes as a benefit.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pure Cotton or Cotton With Stretch?

@ECBG

Love both of these fabrics .  When  stretch is added  spandex is my favorite mix keeps its shape,  much fewer wrinkles and again holds color.  When the heat and humity is excessive all cotton is my go to.

Not a fan of the modal or rayon mix at all.

Honored Contributor

I only wear things that are pure cotton around the house.  I like old old T shirts that are all cotton.

When I buy clothes to go out in I have to have stretch because it's easier to 'fudge' a little.  Also all cotton doesn't hold it's shape very well.

Honored Contributor

I buy essential tee's from Christopher Banks in 100% cotton.  The way the cotton is woven makes it stretchable.  I love their tee's. I wash in cold water and hang to dry.  No shrinkage or fading.

Yesterday,  All of their essential Tee's were only 9.95 each on sale.  I purchased six from their website, all different sleeve lengths and necklines, and got free shipping.

They were a much better value than QVC's TSV  tee shirts and I know they will fit.  I own a closet full already.

Super Contributor

I have to be different, I prefer 60% poly & 40% cotton.  They wear very comfortably.

Valued Contributor

Pure cotton for me. The spandex feels too hot in late spring & summer.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like the spandex-in-everything trend. I think it's happening because cotton is getting very expensive.

I find that tops and shirts with spandex tend to ride up when I raise my arms and creep up my body in-general. Just give me 100% cotton or a cotton/poly blend.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pure cotton for the tops that touch my skin.

(and the panties that touch my tush and lady bits)

But I'm OK with an occasional 1% or 2% Lycra in my jeans and other bottoms, as well as in a jacket.

Adds a bit more ease and comfort when bending my legs or arms.

Valued Contributor

Pure cotton.

Regular Contributor

For a flattering look, I always choose cotton/spandex as it does not cling to the curves and the fabric has a clean, smooth, polished look to it.  Plus, I Iike that the spandex allows for stretch in the back and arms and bust ... especially in woven shirts ... so it's comfortable.

However, for breathability, I choose all cotton.  But, in most cases, all cotton clings to the curves ... almost like it molds to your curves.  And, if the style is cut tight in spots (for your particular body shape), then it can be restrictive.  My "go to" everyday tee is all cotton but it's from a brand that QVC no longer producesSmiley Sad