Honored Contributor

Re: Pure Cotton or Cotton With Stretch?

Not a fan of pure cotton.  I like spandex or polyester added to cotton.  I do not find the blends to be at all uncomfortable....no matter the heat.  And they wash so much better, as well as keeping their shape and color.  Also a fan of liquid knit.

Esteemed Contributor

Definitely cotton with a little stretch.  Easier to move in.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Cotton and stretch are not mutually exclusive.
Honored Contributor

i dont buy 100% cotton anymore. i dont care if it is an inexpensive brand or an expensive pima cotton......they all shrink, fade, become misshapen, and have poor recovery.

i prefer cotton with a blend of spandex or poly.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It depends on the garment. Choosing one or the other and nothing else is not in anyone's self-interest.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer pure cotton for feel and comfort.  

Respected Contributor

100% cotton in the summer.   Sometimes the spandex can irritate depending on the % used.

PS:  I just love this avatar from a previous poster--groovy!

feline groovy

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer 100% cotton jammies, otherwise, I like a small blend of spandex or poly for shape/color.  Most of my 100% cotton tops have become jammies due to shrinkage and/or getting stretched out of shape, so I avoid it except for 2 or 3 super casual tees for summer.  I do own several 100% pima cotton tunics from JJill a few years ago that I love and that have retained their original size/shape...go figure.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~