Esteemed Contributor

Purchases that went horribly wrong...

Final sale purchases that were just wrong wrong wrong...don't laugh!!  Your opinions requested for pic #3.

[Lame excuse ahead]...It's just that there have been so many final sales out there that lured me in!  I knew from jump street that all three of these purchases weren't quite right, and I have no good reason for purchasing them...I have reasons, but they're not good reasons, so never mind!

1.  Navy and white stripe loooong tunic/dress from Chico's.   I feel like I'm wearing a too-short dress with leggings like I used to as a child up north.  The sleeves fan up and out to such a sharp point that Oldsmobile engineers from 1957 could have designed them.  And the fabric (crepe) is too heavy and hot.  It's already in the donation bag...

20200906_160412.jpg

2.  Michael Stars cotton off-white (I don't like off-white), striped (I don't like stripes) tunic with side slits cut a little too high that it poofs out in front and back (I don't like "poofs").  It bags in the elbows (I don't like my clothes to bag anywhere).  Hello!?  MacDuff!?

20200906_163228.jpg

3.  Okay, these lined HardTail cotton gauze beach pants might be salvageable.  They're not awful, but...maybe I'm too used to slimmer bottoms...or something.  These are the ways I styled these pants from my closet.  I'm not crazy about any of them.  So, which one(s), if any hahaha, do you like?  Which do you dislike?  Keep or donate? 
(help.  me!) ...

(a)...
20200705_152420_2.jpg

(b)...
20200807_160714.jpg

(c)...opps...Handsome goofing off...forgot to retake pic...
20200907_211228.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Super Contributor

Re: Purchases that went horribly wrong...

I think they all look great on you!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@carlycat wrote:

I think they all look great on you!! 

I agree with @carlycat I think they all look great on you!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF    I think you've convinced yourself these outfits  are unattractive and exaggerated the negatives.  That top with the "pointy" sleeves just looks slightly crisp, really quite perky.  You'd look good in a paper bag.  If you're uncomfortable in an outfit, by all means, donate it, but honestly you look darn good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I think you look great in all of them.  Keep all (especially white gauze pants) and stay well!

Honored Contributor

I really like the first striped shirt, it looks great with the white pants, you look fab in that outfit .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

All these outfits look great. I like the one with the blue over piece best. You look great in your clothes.

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF You look great in all the items and can probably wear anything.  The tops look good on you, but it looks like you have other beefs with them.  You can keep them!  Or not!  Your decision.  The gauze pants are hard for me to weigh in on because I always like the fabric on the bottoms to be heftier than that of the tops, but that is my style.  Of the three, I like the look of the first the best.

I need your fortitude to get rid of things that are OK, but I'll probably never wear.  I have a hard time giving away things I bought and barely wore because I feel bad about what I spent. I am afraid I won't have money to buy clothes and will regret giving things I had away.  While that's not happened yet, you never know.  I cried watching the news report of people who were being evicted in Texas, right along with the crying landlord's employee saying that tomorrow that could be me.  Wished I had the fortitude to try and resell online, but I have so many other things I would rather do with my time for what is likely the tiny bit of money the items would garner.  But keeping all these unwanted items in my home is a mental burden.

So I am a little jealous of you, for your fortitude.  These days I will be going through my closets with the line of Marie Kondo "does it give me joy?"  Perhaps my donated items will give joy to someone else.  Wish me luck!

Respected Contributor

My favorite is outfit #2.

Super Contributor

OK I blinked my eyes and squinted real hard, but I can't see any problems with any of the items you posted - they all look great! I especially like the beach pants, because I live at the beach and they would be sooo perfect down here lol. Woman LOL