Respected Contributor

Why is it OK to wear a top that way?   For example, the french terry top that is on first with SG tonight, the model has a larger bust and it is pulling and SG has the same top with a smaller bust and it's still pulling.

Ladies, that doesn't look nice and I see so many tops "pulling" in that area.  Something is definitely wrong with the cut of these garments.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pulling in the bust area

Many of the Logo tops do the same thing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's the material.  Hate French terry.

Edited to add it's also the incorrect size and fit of the garment, but IMO the type of material has a lot to do with it also.

Honored Contributor

Its not the material,  it's the fit.   If it pulls through the chest area,  it's too small!   I see many young women who wear this look deliberately.   We have a local news anchor who is busty and wears skin tight tops that pull and show every bulge.   She very sharp and should know better. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Maybe they're following the men's style of wearing the "one size too small" look in suits today?  A poor cut doesn't help either.

Esteemed Contributor

Cheap knit material, poor fit, and inept stylists who think that they are designers just shows how bad the clothes look. The front view looks bad but so do the side and rear views. Who wants to look at back fat and the outline of an ill fitting bra when someone turns around?

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe it's done to draw one's attention to that area.  Many women out here in So CA want others to see what they paid for - their implants. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

Remember darts? Darts were incorporated into the bust area to give the extra room, without giving any extra room in the waist area.

If they wear the size appropriate for their waist, then it will pull at the bust. If they wear the size appropriate for the bust, then it will look too big & boxy otherwise.

Nowdays it is just (shall we say) simplified designing for cheap manufacturing. I think they can do something even with the knit/t-shirt fabrics. But then that would drive the cost.

Super Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

Why is it OK to wear a top that way?   For example, the french terry top that is on first with SG tonight, the model has a larger bust and it is pulling and SG has the same top with a smaller bust and it's still pulling.

Ladies, that doesn't look nice and I see so many tops "pulling" in that area.  Something is definitely wrong with the cut of these garments.

This has always been a pet peeve of mine, also. There is nothing flattering when fabric is pulling in that area or anywhere else, for that matter. A nicely constructed garment lays smoothly in all the right places and enhances your shape rather than distract with unsightly, ill-fitting, pulling.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I think they wear them like that so they can say they wear size xxs.  They look ridiculous.