Honored Contributor

Re: Puffer Coat Evening Gowns

Oh heavens NO!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Yes they're actually meant to be worn as evening gowns. $2,710.00. By that very expensive brand Moncler. And you can accessorize them too, the gloves are $1500.

That's Millie Bobby Brown wearing one at Milan fashion week back in February.puffer-coats-today-inline-181127_05f4065c4d737e6395106390fe233595.fit-560w.jpgpuffer-coats-millie-bobby-brown-today-inline-181127-02_05f4065c4d737e6395106390fe233595.fit-560w.jpg

How is anyone so cold she needs a puffer coat as a dress and elbow length puffer gloves, but no sleeves? This does not seem well thought out to me.

That said, I think Millie Bobbie Brown looked better in her dress that any of the models.

I agree! While it's a strange concept, she actually looks OK in it. I think that's partly because a) she's wearing it in black; b) she isn't wearing the gloves with it; c) it actually fits her very well; d) her dress is a bit different from the others, in that it doesn't have that "trash bag" looking top half, it looks less shiny, and the skirt does not look as stiff and rigidly shaped.

I wonder what the black would look like with a turtleneck under it and a pair of taller boots? Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

@tototwo

There is only one female in Pentatonix

@I am still oxox wrote:

@tototwo

I was just going to post this we DVR'd the Tree Lighting

@tototwo wrote:

Last night I watched part of the outdoor tree lighting variety show live from NYC.  Singers and performers on a stage outdoors in freezing temps and wind -- I noticed at least 2 female performers (one being the gal in Pentatonix) had on puffer dresses.  I thought it was a very smart choice, actually.   Definitely not for indoor events or regular folk like you and me, but the puffer dress has its place.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Whoever wears that as an evening gown deserves to be put in a padded cell ---- and she'd match it!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't realize this was a fashion style.   I saw the lead singer of pentatonix wearing one of these last night on the Rockefeller center Christmas special lady night.  I couldn't figure out what on earth she was wearing !   It looked horrible!  She usually dresses so beautifully,  but not in this puffer gown🙀

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, @I am still oxox, there is only one female in Pentatonix, but there had been another performer on stage earlier who had on a puffer dress.  It was a cold and windy evening and I thought wearing the puffer dresses was an excellent idea.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland  I knew I saw 'it' somewhere and you nailed it with the Daleks.

Robby the Robot also popped into my head (for a minute there).

Image result for robby the robot

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Who wore it best?

Puffer Coat Dress Model:

puffer-coats-today-inline-181127-02_05f4065c4d737e6395106390fe233595.fit-560w.jpg

Evil Doctor Who Daleks
Image result for doctor who dalek

It would be a great dress to cosplay as a Dalek. Just add some gold or silver balls to it and you're done! Not sure about the price tag though. Woman LOL