Honored Contributor

Re: Psychology of wearing black most of or all of the time.

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I only wear black as dress pants and dress shoes. I never wear black near my face. 

I think people who live in the northeast wear black because they think it looks chic because people in Europe wear black. 

If you have dark skin black is a good color, but it is a rough color to pull off when you are light skinned and over 50.

I do not wear black because people in Europe wear black.  I wear it because I like it.

I am very fair skinned and well over 50.  Thankfully my husband doesn't think black is a rough color for me to pull off.

Honored Contributor

I think the color black looks nice at events, evenings, etc.  Not so sure about during the daytime, during the Summer.  'Still', I'll always remember Antonella wearing that black cold shoulder SG dress.   Stunning.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I notice Pat usually wears black, too. 

Respected Contributor

@Bri36

the op is certainly allowed her observations about black , which i  think there is a kernel of truth to.  she obviously is not meaning any harm to this thread because she just told us of her black clothing items that she wants to travel with.

personally, my favorite has been black since i was 12.  i've never felt really comfortable in brights and many prints.  it wouldn't surprise me in the least to discover i had a deep reason for dressing this way, though it makes me giggle.  do they have black straight jackets?  i'm in!

Honored Contributor

Well, since no one else here has brought it up, I will.  Woman LOL

I am not "into" astrology, but I do know that every sign of the zodiac has a "power color" .... and colors that they gravitate to and are more comfortable having near them.    Of course, there are plenty of exceptions.

I'm a Scorpio, and about 70%  of my closet is either black or red.   I assure you, OP, I'm not hiding.

If anyone doesn't know their (supposed) power color .... here's a link:

http://travelsandliving.com/power-colors-zodiac/

Respected Contributor

ooops @Mj12

i missed the other thread because i've not seen it.  i think regardless of what  she posted today she  meant no harm, i hope.,

i'm  going to check it out now.  thanks @Mj12 

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

ooops @Mj12

i missed the other thread because i've not seen it.  i think regardless of what  she posted today she  meant no harm, i hope.,

i'm  going to check it out now.  thanks @Mj12 

Hi @ladyroxanne! 💜

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Well, since no one else here has brought it up, I will.  Woman LOL

I am not "into" astrology, but I do know that every sign of the zodiac has a "power color" .... and colors that they gravitate to and are more comfortable having near them.    Of course, there are plenty of exceptions.

I'm a Scorpio, and about 70%  of my closet is either black or red.   I assure you, OP, I'm not hiding.

If anyone doesn't know their (supposed) power color .... here's a link:

http://travelsandliving.com/power-colors-zodiac/

@Tinkrbl44, lol! They got me all wrong!! My color is green. Having served in the military I avoid green at all costs. It's all I wore for 4 years. But anyhow, in regards to the OP,  I took a couple of psychology courses and don't remember anything about people who gravitate towards black. I wear black all the time because I LIKE it. 

Respected Contributor

My cousin has worn nothing but black clothing since her parents had the nerve to move the family from Michigan to Florida when she was 12 years old. She's now 54. I would've thought she'd gotten over it by now, but I guess not. She's had a fabulous career and generally great life, but for some reason she's still ticked off about the move. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Carole Jackson of Color Me Beautiful, who made color coding popular, said in her book that children with "winter" coloring will seek out black.  I certainly did along with navy.   

@ECBG

Have you heard of 'Dressing Your Truth" by Carol Tuttle?  She has a website, book (free PDF)  YouTube channel, &ncourse much like the Color Me Beautiful series back in the 80s...but with an emotional twist.  I happened upon it...and it kinda/sorta makes sense.  And black is for a certain type...creates a lot of 'shadows' & ages someone who's of a different type.