Contributor

Proposition 65, California, is Handling my Shopping Addiction

I have tried to place orders in the last week only to find that the items cannot be shipped to California.  Proposition 65 - prohibiting the import of products containing certain chemicals.  I had tried ordering a LOGO cardigan and LOGO necklace and Isaac Mizrahi sandals.  None were allowed through for shipping to California.  I understand that there is a way to override this but not every representative will let you know this. 

So, I've decided that this is probably a forced shopping addiction "intervention".  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Proposition 65, California, is Handling my Shopping Addiction

I don’t understand how a Logo cardigan is included in this law......?

Honored Contributor

Which items, @Sunnbeam?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

What does the California Proposition 65 warning mean?

California's Proposition 65, also called the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, was enacted in 1986. It is intended to help Californians make informed decisions about protecting themselves from chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm.Jul 14, 2015

Apparently some changes were made to this Proposition and sellers had until 30 Aug to comply, whatever that means with regards to LOGO, et al. 

Good Grief.  I remember when Prop 65 was passed and some dishware were suddenly being sold with a huge warning about lead content... that's all I remember...  Woman Happy  
*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

From what the mods have said in the past few days is that the manufacturers must submit some paperwork with a description of the product and what it contains.  Apparently many have failed to do so.  It's not that the product contains a hazardous substance but that the required paperwork hasn't been submitted.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Sunnbeam

Until the paperwork gets done, why not have your items shipped to a friend outside of CA. She can mail them one at a time or save them up for one pkg.   just an idea !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

I am surprised to hear that because I order from those two all the time and never had a problem. I always order online, not by phone, but I don’t know if this would make any difference.

Super Contributor

I had the same problem today with Isaac shoes.  I entered an address out of state to verify this was not a glitch, and sure enough, it went through.  Prop 65 just saved me money, I guess.  

Trusted Contributor

QVC will lose tons of money. I shop daily from CA. Yes, this PROP65 is ridiculous since CA has set these outrageous regulations. Going so far that if you purchase from Zulily everything must state there is the POSSIBILITY it could cause cancer. If you are one that is stressed and thinking these items WILL cause cancer, beware, most have nothing in them that has any remote chance of causing cancer but Ca. is very aggressive in their regulations. It is very unfortunate that QVC is so far behind the times. All they have to do, as other sites have done, is just put a warning on everything they sell. It covers them and allows the consumer to make the choice or research the item before buying. 

Trusted Contributor

Agree. It is totally ridiculous. QVC only needs to state on all items sold a warning about PROP 65. I believe this prop. is totally outrageous as it has prevented compliant items to  be shipped. However, as mentioned, QVC could put a warning on their items to satisfy the state of CA as well as alloowing the consumer to make the decision as to whether they want to risk a purchase that is completely safe or not.