Honored Contributor

Several friends have sent me pictures this evening is their kids getting ready to go to proms. All the dresses I saw were very beautiful, complimented their figures well and yet were still very ladylike.

Some of what I have seen on FB and coworkers bringing pictures to work were real hoochy mama dresses.All you can say to that is, wow, she looks way older then 18, because you just can't look at your coworker and say - wow - is your daughter the class ....... ?

I went to a couple proms in HS mine and boyfriend's and honestly, they just aren't that  exciting IMO. We had more fun once we left the prom and went to various places around town in our gowns.A lot of people would come over to us and tell us how pretty we looked  and ask us what school we go to etc.

Honored Contributor

I taught for 36 years and I've seen the evolution of prom dresses from those all over sequeined column dress to those they wear today.  When I left, the school wouldn't let them show their midrif or deep cleve*ge.  That's in the Bible Belt of the south.  I don't know what other schools wore.

Honored Contributor

It seems here there is little enforcement of the dress code. A few years ago the prom queen showed up in a dress cut down to. . . with A LOT showing! I had met her mom, and I was surprised. We found out after graduation she had been sleeping with one of her teachers. He didn't come back the following year. No one ever knew what happened in the situation. The kids liked him a lot - well, SURE! Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Several friends have sent me pictures this evening is their kids getting ready to go to proms. All the dresses I saw were very beautiful, complimented their figures well and yet were still very ladylike.

Some of what I have seen on FB and coworkers bringing pictures to work were real hoochy mama dresses.All you can say to that is, wow, she looks way older then 18, because you just can't look at your coworker and say - wow - is your daughter the class ....... ?

I went to a couple proms in HS mine and boyfriend's and honestly, they just aren't that  exciting IMO. We had more fun once we left the prom and went to various places around town in our gowns.A lot of people would come over to us and tell us how pretty we looked  and ask us what school we go to etc.

Hoochy mama dresses and is your daughter the class.....? How utterly judgmental considering in another thread you stated the following.....

I'm not saying jump in bed on every date but if you want to - go for it, and if he leaves you... move on. lots of fish in the sea. sex should be for fun not as a method to make someone committ

It seems young beautiful women with good bodies in clothing to flatter them seems to threaten some older women....most unbecoming behavior.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

Hoochy mama dresses and is your daughter the class.....? How utterly judgmental considering in another thread you stated the following.....

I'm not saying jump in bed on every date but if you want to - go for it, and if he leaves you... move on. lots of fish in the sea. sex should be for fun not as a method to make someone committ

It seems young beautiful women with good bodies in clothing to flatter them seems to threaten some older women....most unbecoming behavior.

@Trinity11I don't think everyone should "jump in bed" with their date.  Hard to tell here who is serious because we can'y hear tone or see faces, but I will tell you that dangerous STD'S are rampant all over the country.

If you are kidding, please add "LOL" because no one can tell.  

Thanks very much.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Trinity11I don't think everyone should "jump in bed" with their date.  Hard to tell here who is serious because we can'y hear tone or see faces, but I will tell you that dangerous STD'S are rampent all over the country.

Do we really want that for our newborns?  (loss of sight and birth defects).

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Trinity11I don't think everyone should "jump in bed" with their date.  Hard to tell here who is serious because we can'y hear tone or see faces, but I will tell you that dangerous STD'S are rampant all over the country.

If you are kidding, please add "LOL" because no one can tell.  

Thanks very much.

I was quoting what 151949 said in another post...her words not mine. That's why I thought it strange how anyone could be attacking a young woman's morality dependent upon what she wore after that statement.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Trinity11I don't think everyone should "jump in bed" with their date.  Hard to tell here who is serious because we can'y hear tone or see faces, but I will tell you that dangerous STD'S are rampent all over the country.

Do we really want that for our newborns?  (loss of sight and birth defects).

Nor do I ....read what I said more closely. I quoted the OP's comment from another thread. Thus my surprise the judgmental comments about hoochie mama young women.

Honored Contributor

18 year old teenagers going to prom are not WOMEN, they are children and shame on any mother who allows her child to dress like a hoochie mama at that age.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

18 year old teenagers going to prom are not WOMEN, they are children and shame on any mother who allows her child to dress like a hoochie mama at that age.

Moralistic name calling of a woman of 18 who is legally of age smacks of irony after the free love statements made and quoted above.