Honored Contributor
On 3/30/2015 missy1 said:

My post will get deleted. My favorite prom dress.

What was she thinking?

prom_dress_120412-m.jpg (400×300)

I doubt she was thinking, I bet someone photoshops a bare pregnant stomach on my prom picture and it will get posted over and over on the QVC forums.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/28/2015 sciencegeek said:

A woman, even a young one, should wear exactly what she pleases. It's not up to strangers to dictate what is "appropriate".

I shudder at the thought of the girls having to bring a picture of their dresses to the administration for preapproval. Do they insist the guys bring in pictures of their outfits, too? If I had a daughter attending a school that tried dictating what she could wear, I'd raise holy heck!

You must be kidding or you are 14. It's our job as parents to teach our children how to dress appropriately and respectfully for any occasion. One can look fashionable without being really revealing. Strapless gowns are in now but I would not allow my daughter to wear a very plunging neckline or a back that went to the bum bum.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to do alterations for friends and family. My neighbor asked me to alter her daughters Prom dress. When I saw it...I was amazed she approved of her wearing a dress that was cut to the waist and down to her butt crack in the back. While I was looking her in it......the girls father came home from work and took one look......needless to say she went to Prom in something else.

Honored Contributor
On 3/27/2015 Puppy Lips said:

What I don't understand is the really short short dresses. When picking my son up from the HS Homecoming dance, all the girls' dresses were really short and they were constantly pulling them down. How much fun can that be, to be tugging at your dress all night?

Is it any worse than the strapless dresses people have pulled UP all night for decades now?

Super Contributor

I am sure you can find prom dresses that don't make you wonder

where is the rest of it? Pageant dresses are perfect for proms btw.

Respected Contributor
On 3/27/2015 Puppy Lips said:

What I don't understand is the really short short dresses. When picking my son up from the HS Homecoming dance, all the girls' dresses were really short and they were constantly pulling them down. How much fun can that be, to be tugging at your dress all night?

We used to wear micro-minis back in the 60's. I guess it is just a repeat performance now in 2015. I wore them and survived...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

this is my daughter's prom dress. She looks gorgeous in it.

Respected Contributor
I dont see the problem with showing skin. More gets shown at a pool or the beach. Times change.Styles change. It's up to each girl and her parental rules. But if I was young and going to a high school prom,I would show some skin. I just turned down a bridesmaid invitation because I don't show my upper arms. So,from experience,I say show it while you can because life (and often prom dresses) is short.
Respected Contributor
On 3/31/2015 brii said:

Sleeveless Lace Applique Gown 24551

Wow

Based on discussions I heard recently at the hair salon, this would not be allowed at the local public school prom.

Respected Contributor
On 3/31/2015 brii said:

Sleeveless Lace Applique Gown 24551

Beautiful! Everything is well covered yet contemporary fashion for 2015. Bri, I hope you take lots of pictures!!