Occasional Contributor

I would appreciate any adivce on where I can purchase clothing which is appropriate for a professional office.  QVC used to carry lines of clothing, dresses, and separates that were reasonably priced and very stylish.  The only things that I now see are items that are leisure wear. 

Respected Contributor

oh my you will get loads of suggestions.

may i ask what the specific dress code of the office you are working in, professional is currently subjective.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Esteemed Contributor

If you are looking for suiting options they are very difficult to find in today's environment of business casual.  TAlbots does offer some suiting separates on their web site and in the stores.  Sign up,for Email notifies so you will know when they are having a sale.

Trusted Contributor

If you like shopping from the Q, I would suggest Linea.

I agree you can't go wrong with Talbots.  I would also suggest the Wearever Line from J. Jill.  

I used to work in Corporate, but we had gone business casual and I shopped at Chico's.  I think their clothing line has changed, so I don't know if that would work for you.

I now work for a high school principal.  It is a bit more (actually, lot more) casual, but I continue to dress business casual, except Fridays.

Honored Contributor

Dress Barn, and the clothes are not overpriced, I got my black suit there they have seperates which was great, I think it was about 125 for the skirt suit

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

where did the op go?

set up new nic to post and left?

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Loves Holidays - it really depends on 'your definition' of professional dressing but I'll take a stab & share my thoughts on professional dress. Try Nordstrom or Ann Taylor they both have tabs/sections on work clothes, office type work clothes. J.Crew & Banana Republic both carry suits, blazers, work type attire. EnjoySmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear hot pink dresses with hot pink stilettos...Woman Wink It's too shocking.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Professional Dressing

[ Edited ]

I recommend you look at Talbots clothing.  They offer everything, its reasonably priced and very good quality.  They have all differnt style pants, skirts, dresses, blazers, blouses & sweaters.  Also offer handbags, shoes & jewelry.  You have a huge selection.

Esteemed Contributor

Talbots is the best. Lands End used to carry some great professional clothing, too. I also wear many Susan Graver pieces (for example, a black pencil skirt with a solid liquid knit top and a cardigan, low heels, and great jewelry. Many SG pieces (certainly not all!) can be put together to create very professional attire. Yes, I'm an executive and I work in a corporate environment.