Honored Contributor

It depends on what your idea of professional dressing is.  I work for a law firm and have to dress in what I would consider professional attire but I don't have to wear suits.

I have bought some skirts, tops and dresses from QVC, I shop Dillards a lot (love that store) and heck even Old Navy.  It just depends on what you are looking for.  

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's has some suits and dresses that I would wear in a professional office environment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Professional Dressing

[ Edited ]

As an addition, there are several qualities in polyester which respond to tailoring, some don't because they are inexpensive.  Management in business will spot the lesser and a faux leather bag faster than anything.  Be forewarned.  You definately get what you pay for.

Honored Contributor

Dillard's has a great sale and an even greater one on line.

Respected Contributor

The best advice I ever received when first starting out in my career was to buy the absolute best quality, rather than quantity. Better to have 3 really well made suits than 7 cheap ones. My go-to brands for professional clothing were always Brooks Brothers and Talbots. Perhaps a bit on the spendy side, but well worth it in terms of wear and appearance. I also avoided polyester, rayon, etc. as much as possible. A couple trips to the dry cleaner and it looked terrible. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~