Honored Contributor

@Loves Holidays wrote:

I would appreciate any adivce on where I can purchase clothing which is appropriate for a professional office.  QVC used to carry lines of clothing, dresses, and separates that were reasonably priced and very stylish.  The only things that I now see are items that are leisure wear. 

What is the dress code I think very few work places require suits for women all the time

what is yr job and where in general do you live 

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Dress Barn, and the clothes are not overpriced, I got my black suit there they have seperates which was great, I think it was about 125 for the skirt suit

,took a look there recently 

lots of good stuff 

Valued Contributor

Talbots!  I might as well have my paycheck direct deposited to them!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

The difference between QVC pricing and Talbots is pretty big in my opinion. I retired from a professional job, but in my earlier years I couldn't afford Talbots. I guess the poster didn't give enough information to know what's she's actually looking for. I always relied on Macy's, Dillard's, and if I had time I'd browse through Marshall's and some local boutiques. I live in a metropolitan area, so my choices for shopping were good and I didn't have to rely on the Q, especially since their clothing is more casual. If possible, spend a little time at a B&M and find a brand and fit that works for your work environment.

Trusted Contributor

There are a lot of designers on the Q that offer professional separates such as Susan Graver, Linea, Isaac Mizrahi, and Joan Rivers.  They all offer casual selections as well, but those are my go-to designers for business appropriate clothing.

Outside the Q, I would recommend Nordstroms (they have personal shoppers that can help), Talbot's, JJill and Chicos.  I also like Marla Wynne on HSN for soft suiting.

All of these  designers or stores have suited looks with pants and skirts.  It also depends on what your style is (soft suiting or structured and taylored), and what your needs are in terms of care.  If you want easy care then Susan Graver is the place to look.  Most of her clothing is washer and dryer (cold), or hang up to dry, and no ironing or dry cleaning, and her liquid knit does not wrinkle.

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Ladies, with professional dressing you need to look at Dillards, just sayin'!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Macy's and Nordstrom........

The Linea line here on the Q has Classic pieces also....

Respected Contributor

Re: Professional Dressing

[ Edited ]

For affordable, professional attire I would shop JCPenney. Look under suits and suit seperates for women.

Worthington® Essential Blazer, Metal-Trim Pleated Top or Curvy Straight Pants

Honored Contributor

In addition to Talbots, your larger department stores like Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Macy's will have Calvin Klein, Tahari, Karl Lagerfeld, Nine West, etc. suits and separates.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I bought a lot of my work separates at Stein Mart, Dress Barn, Macy's, Ann Taylor, JCP, Talbot's, & Kohl's. I could find tailored trousers, skirts, blouses, tops, cardigans, etc. at any of these stores. In the last few years it seems tailored work related fashion choices have dwindled in quantity at many retailers - probably due to the athleisure trend and more casual work places.