Contributor

Problems with warranty for Isaac Mizrahi Watches?

I purchased an Isaac watch (J277887--polka dot stretch bracelet watch). Very cute. BUT I knocked the face of the watch (not too hard) against a table by accident and the crystal shattered---picking up the pieces I could see that it was very very thin and flimsy glass. I called the company that provides the "five-year warranty" and was transferred to an answering machine that said I should leave my info and that someone would get back to me. I called again a few days later and was transferred to a different answering machine that said the "party" was unavailable and that I should leave my info so someone could get back to me. STILL WAITING!! DON'T DEPEND ON QVC'S CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDING BEHIND THIS WATCH. Your customer service on this line of Isaac Mizrahi watches isn't QVC, and isn't Isaac Mizrahi, but rather an unresponsive third party vendor. What do you think--should I just give up and write it off to buying a cheap watch?

Valued Contributor

Re: Problems with warranty for Isaac Mizrahi Watches?

How long ago did you buy it?

Esteemed Contributor

Write it off as a cheap watch! Isaac doesn't design all the hundreds of items with his name on them. He buys in bulk from China (or other cheap labor location) and repackages the items. My husband came back from China years ago with a shoebox of watches - cost him a few dollars in US currency.

Honored Contributor

If YOU really believe those warranties I've still got that ocean front property in Arizona for sale.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I've had good luck with my Mizrahi watch, I wear it the most and I think its 2 1/2 years old. DH works construction and frequently shatters crystals. I think the jeweler could get him a new one for about $35.00. But that was years ago, now he just wears el cheapos because he wrecks them so frequently. Check your local jeweler before you give up. I doubt if the crystal is covered in the 5 year warranty anyway.

Contributor

I bought the watch in November, so I've had a little more than 3 months' use of it.

If the crystal isn't covered by the warranty, that's one thing. But I think the least the warranty company should do is actually get back to me or have someone actually pick up the phone when a customer calls. Call me naive, but I expected a response of SOME sort. I think QVC should be aware of the kind of customer "service" that comes with Isaac products.

Yep--writing this off to a cheap watch.

Valued Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Born2shop said:

I bought the watch in November, so I've had a little more than 3 months' use of it.

If the crystal isn't covered by the warranty, that's one thing. But I think the least the warranty company should do is actually get back to me or have someone actually pick up the phone when a customer calls. Call me naive, but I expected a response of SOME sort. I think QVC should be aware of the kind of customer "service" that comes with Isaac products.

Yep--writing this off to a cheap watch.

At the very least, you can call QVC about it. I have heard people getting refunds after 5 months or so.

Contributor

Called QVC and they said providing the phone number of the warranty provider was the best they could do.

Respected Contributor

Good to know. I've been tempted many times to get the IM watches. I won't be tempted again.

Hey what happened to Farnella's post ... . It was listed as the last one ... when I hit last reply Born2shops comes up.

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 fthunt said:

Write it off as a cheap watch!

I agree with these inexpensive watches. I'll change a battery, but that's about it. Anything else happens - it goes in the trash.