Honored Contributor

For all Prive Riveaux fans...have you tried the sun readers?  If so, do you like them.  I see a pair for $29.95 so I'm thinking at that price how bad could they be?  Please share your thoughts.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Prive Riveaux Sun Readers

I have purchased 4 different pairs of Prive Riveaux glasses and they have all been crooked when I put them on. I returned them and will not buy this brand again.

Respected Contributor

I've bought many sunglasses readers over the years. They serve a purpose if you enjoy reading outside. I don't use mine for anything else since I don't care for the bifocal effect. I've bought mine at a fraction of that price. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 

Some of the reviews of A377078 state the full lens is a reader; they are not bi-focals.  I have a pair of non-reader Prive Revaux sunglasses & like them, so I think I'll get these.  The price is right so if I end up not liking them much, at least I'm not out of a lot of money.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

I am not a fan of the Prive Riveaux.  I ordered one pair of sunnies.  They were really cheaply made.  They felt like they were not really held together well.  The nose pad pieces were lose and the stems were very wide.  I returned those. 

I also tried a pair of the blue light blockers.  They were, as someone else mentioned, crooked.  I didn't return but I ended up giving them to a friend that was interested in trying the blue light blocking.  (they were zero strength)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife 

Thank you for posting the item number you were speaking about.

I think the majority of the negative reviews are because people simply can't read and did not listen to the presentation!

No where did anyone claim or state they WERE bifocal readers!  Not the items fault they ordered improperly.  Why would anyone assume they are bifocals when that was NEVER said or written?

I actually have also been looking for a pair.  In my wish list!

I have an old pair of Joan River's Sun Readers but they are too weak now.

I have many Prive readers and sun glasses and have been very pleased with them all.