Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Victoria of Sweden

Beautiful!

Respected Contributor

Beautiful gown, love the color combination!!

Honored Contributor

@Good4u wrote:

Taffeta wrinkles just looking at it and this gown is no exception to the rule; a hot wrinkled mess on both royals.  Neither one wore it better.  Sorry.  The red gown behind the mother-queen is far more beautiful in the second picture. 

@Good4u  Most quality fabrics do wrinkle.  The wrinkling of cottons, linens, silks is a sign of good taste in fabrics and the ability to afford them.  I am not a big fan of polyester, which seems to be the only thing most of us can afford,  Most sort of like it because it can be thrown in the washer and dryer and is carefree until it wears out within a few short weeks or months.

Honored Contributor

never heard of these people. Sure not on my radar.

Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

Taffeta wrinkles just looking at it and this gown is no exception to the rule; a hot wrinkled mess on both royals.  Neither one wore it better.  Sorry.  The red gown behind the mother-queen is far more beautiful in the second picture. 

@Good4u  Most quality fabrics do wrinkle.  The wrinkling of cottons, linens, silks is a sign of good taste in fabrics and the ability to afford them.  I am not a big fan of polyester, which seems to be the only thing most of us can afford,  Most sort of like it because it can be thrown in the washer and dryer and is carefree until it wears out within a few short weeks or months.

If that means quality then the appearance is surely lacking.  Yes, pure linen does wrinkle and unless you live in the hot and humid oven of India it looks unkept to a mind's eye.  Pure fabric blends are more appealing in appearance and beauty with a little man-made material for wearability.  Of course, back then that may not have been popular.  

Respected Contributor

Stunning! Love seeing attendees dressed in their finest.

Esteemed Contributor

The Swedish royals are very good looking. I think it's fabulous that Princess Victoria can wear her mother's ball gowns. It must be fun to look through all of those clothes!

Honored Contributor

Queen Letizia wore this dress yesterday that her mother in law Queen Sofia wore in the 1980's

letizia-z.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"