Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Victoria of Sweden always looks amazing!!

Another thing I like about the Swedish royal family is that they tend to be relatively egalitarian and mingle unselfconsciously with their countrymen, as do other Scandinavian royals.

The Swedish royal family goes back over a thousand years.  Princess Victoria, who will one day be queen (instead of her brother-  the amended rule is that first born gets the crown!) married a commoner, Daniel Westling.  He was her personal trainer and had a business.

The monarchies in Europe tend to be mainly symbolic, but I think they add a rich texture to the countries there, if the countries want them.  I was reading that some political party in Sweden wants to abolish the crown, but a majority of Swedes want it to remain....

Honored Contributor

I agree, she looks lovely in every photo I've seen. Her wedding dress was so classically elegant.

I just read an article about her last week, it talked about her struggle with an eating disorder. She seemed to be an impressive woman.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell wrote:

Victoria is to me an exotic Swede, in that she is a striking brunette.  Of course, plenty of Swedes are brunette, but it's fun to think of her Brazilian connection, and wonder if that contributes to her departure from certain stereotypes.  I like her cleft chin, too!

Have sensed that she has struggled a bit within the royal family, given her well-documented history of eating disorder.  So glad that she seems to be happy and thriving now.  Becoming queen someday is burden enough...

My dad is 100% Swedish with jet black hairSmiley LOL

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Husband looks like an unsub from a Criminal Minds episode.

Cat LOL

Omg..too funny

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Queen Letizia of Spain

Queen-Letizia-Bubble-Ponytail-May-2017.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Queen Letizia of Spain

Queen-Letizia-Bubble-Ponytail-May-2017.jpg

Looks like she isn't wearing a bra!

Honored Contributor

I have only been reading about them since right before Princess Victoria's wedding but I think they are a lovely sincere family.  I recently saw the article where she wore one of her Mom's dresses to a function.  Have seen Kate's Mom wear one of the Duchess' outfits but not in this direction from the 80's to present time.  Either way I love to see Royalty recycle fashion.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 That is so cool, the dress still looks cute to me. Love it with the red bag.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Another thing I like about the Swedish royal family is that they tend to be relatively egalitarian and mingle unselfconsciously with their countrymen, as do other Scandinavian royals.

The Swedish royal family goes back over a thousand years.  Princess Victoria, who will one day be queen (instead of her brother-  the amended rule is that first born gets the crown!) married a commoner, Daniel Westling.  He was her personal trainer and had a business.

The monarchies in Europe tend to be mainly symbolic, but I think they add a rich texture to the countries there, if the countries want them.  I was reading that some political party in Sweden wants to abolish the crown, but a majority of Swedes want it to remain....

@Oznell

I think it would be awesome if her brother became queen!

Honored Contributor

Ha!  Good one, Andreatoo!