Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Eugenie's Peter Pilotto Dress

I do not think this dress is attractive on her or hanging on a hanger.  Frumpy is a word that comes to mind.  This woman is young and even if she needs to dress conservatively, she can do it with a little edge and certainly more youthful.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Princess Eugenie looks like her father, Prince Andrew. She is not very attractive. The dress, yes, pretty frumpy for someone her age, 29.

Image result for picture of prince andrew

Respected Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

Princess Eugenie looks like her father, Prince Andrew. She is not very attractive. The dress, yes, pretty frumpy for someone her age, 29.

Image result for picture of prince andrew

I actually disagree on both counts -- I think Eugenie is attractive, and I don't think the dress is at all frumpy.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I watched the Nurses Ball on General Hospital this week.  A young woman (teenager) named Josslyn wore a dress that looked like it was made out of similar material.

She looked amazing.  Here's a picture of the actress who plays Josslyn on General Hospital in that dress:

I loved the first one, but to me, this one is awful. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It should have been lined all the way to the hem.  Beautiful fabric though.

@Kachina624   I think high-end designers are not making the lining to the hem in recent times.  I have noticed that on many that I have seen, not that I can afford or would buy them but just noticed that.  So, perhaps she is just trending.

Esteemed Contributor

Reilley, I was only stating my opinion, an opinion that others hold as well. And when I was in my late 20s, to borrow a phrase from Larry David, I looked pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Honored Contributor

Without the belt, the dress becomes maternity wear!  The belt is a must!

Respected Contributor

I think Eugenie looks more like Andrew and Beatrice looks more like Sarah.

Image result for eugenie and beatrice as youngsters

Honored Contributor

I think she looks pretty, but , I don't care for the 2 tone look  on the skirt. I think it would have been better lined to the hemline

Honored Contributor

I like the dress and would like it much more if the lining went down closer to the hem of the dress.  Maybe only an inch or so above would be more tasteful.  Otherwise, it looks good on her.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."