Honored Contributor

Princess Diana's Style / Fashions

So Yahoo News has an article today about how Diana didn't like to wear gloves because they kept her from touching people, and she often chose not to wear hats (although she did wear many of them) because it was harder to embrace children wearing a hat.   In regard to the glove comment, Yahoo posted this photo as an example of her indeed wearing gloves at times - and what a fashion statement she made with these wearing one black one and one red one!  I absolutely love it, and can't recall ever seeing this photo before (unlike seeing her iconic dresses many, many times, such as the one she wore dancing with Travolta, or that high collar  one with all the pearls in the dress and around the collar.  

Do any of your remember this dress/gloves? I totally love what she did with the gloves to wear with this dress.   Bravo, Diana.  And how funky!

dianagloves.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Princess Diana's Style / Fashions

@Pearlee She was such a beautiful woman inside and out, and such an inspirational woman, what she did for charities and for humankind as a whole was beautiful to watch, she truly was a Princess of the People, RIP sweet Diana, and No I had never seen this picture before.

Honored Contributor

It looks as though she's wearing the forerunner of the shark-bite hem. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have always thought that Princess Diana started out rather demure and even a little frumpy and then she came into her own style. When she did it didn't take long for her true taste and style to just shine! I think she truly loved fashion and she embraced it in everything she wore from jeans to evening gowns and did it with such grace and ease. I think she should be an example to all of us in regards to following our own sense of style and finding what looks the best on us and just makes us feel at ease in our clothes. I think when you are wearing something that really is your personal taste and style you just look amazing because it shows from the expression on your face and the way you carry yourself.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

I don't remember seeing this dress, but she was such a classy, beautiful young woman. Don't you wish we had someone in this country like her  that our young girls could grow up trying to emulate instead of the half naked, filthy mouthed, self proclaimed icons that are shoved at them now.  

Trusted Contributor

Wow...I wouldn't think of wearing two different color gloves but she really made that work!!

Over the years I remember so many of her outfits, I hardly ever remember a "miss"...everything was a hit!  Of course, she had the figure and the beauty to go along with it.

One outfit that I loved on her was the cream colored one that she wore when she met with Mother Theresa.  It was so beautiful and she wore matching heels.  I thought it so appropriate for that occasion!

So sad that we didn't get to see how her fashion would have evolved over the years, or how she would have evolved in regard to her charitable work, family, etc.

Valued Contributor

Diana was a beautiful style icon.  But...this...dress...it had to be from the 90's!  I was forced to wear this same style in a hi-low hem as a bridesmaid and hated it.  I still do not wear this style today because I hate it so much.  I gave the bridemaid dress away to a friend who need a dress for a halloween dress up party.

Honored Contributor

@Good4u I absolutely love the dress, hemline and all, and the gloves.

Honored Contributor

@Kitlynn wrote:

I have always thought that Princess Diana started out rather demure and even a little frumpy and then she came into her own style. When she did it didn't take long for her true taste and style to just shine! I think she truly loved fashion and she embraced it in everything she wore from jeans to evening gowns and did it with such grace and ease. I think she should be an example to all of us in regards to following our own sense of style and finding what looks the best on us and just makes us feel at ease in our clothes. I think when you are wearing something that really is your personal taste and style you just look amazing because it shows from the expression on your face and the way you carry yourself.

@Kitlynn  I love your attitude.  You need to join us ladies over in the Logo subforum.  Even if you don't like the clothes, you'd like most of us, because this is our philosophy about style too!  Smiley Happy  It's on the left - click on My Favorite Brand to find the subforum. Smiley Happy  See 'ya there!  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee To each their own sense of style.  I am a classic dresser.  Others are more trendy.  Whatever floats your boat.