Honored Contributor

I just read a Vanity Fair article about her fashion. She wore this outfit 26 years ago, but it could still be worn today. The accessories would probably be considered too matchy matchy in 2020. And you have to  have good legs to wear those pants in that color. Shoulder pads are the only thing that make the blazer look 90's, and they're coming back again.

diana-fashion-style-transformation-embed-04c.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Re: Princess Diana October 1994

I think today it would be called a dowdy and boring and matronly outfit.  Like so many things Kate wears and is criticized for.

Honored Contributor

If Di wore this today, it would only need a tiny tweek.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I often think about how she would be dressing if she was still here. She would be as stylish as she always was. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

She was so beautiful, tall , thin,and  was treated so badly.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I just read a Vanity Fair article about her fashion. She wore this outfit 26 years ago, but it could still be worn today. The accessories would probably be considered too matchy matchy in 2020. And you have to  have good legs to wear those pants in that color. Shoulder pads are the only thing that make the blazer look 90's, and they're coming back again.

Love the outfit and the shoulder pads.  I've always loved shoulder pads and hate that they went out of style.  Maybe change the jacket but other than that, it's good.  She looks great in this photo.

Respected Contributor

Clean and classic.  I think that if the shoulder pads were smaller (she had broad shoulders anyway) and the jacket were a bit cropped, the outfit would show off her great figure to even better advantage. 

Esteemed Contributor

Princess Diana and her personal fashion style definitely blossomed once she was free from the restrictions of Royal  protocol.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21   I would wear that today save the leather items:  bag, shoes and belt.  I would not wear a belt (because I need a column look).  I had a similar color but crop jacket in the 1990s.  I see nothing wrong with total ivory look.  I just never liked spectator sport shoes and bags (even when I painted my mother's when I was 4 years old because I did not like them) . I did not like the punishment I received either.

Honored Contributor

I don't think shoulder pads like that will ever come back.  It looks like the hanger is still in the jacket.  I don't remember pants being that skinny in the 90's.  It's a classic outfit so it doesn't look dated.  Except for the jacket and the belt, which doesn't go with the outfit at all.