Esteemed Contributor

Re: Princess Charlene of Monaco

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Confession:  I hate the dress.  Love the fabric, hate the cut especially that neckline. 

I don't like the dress either @Peaches McPhee.  Looks like it was tie-dyed.  

Honored Contributor

That dress is amazing!  Love everything about it.

If she has been a swimmer, I'm sure she'd stay fit so regaining her figure after the births wouldn't be difficult for her.

Respected Contributor

f

@Pearlee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana and @Pearlee,

Forgive me for causing any discontentment. 

As far as FASHION here...please pardon me for not saying that dress she is wearing is stunning, regardless of who or what she is. Only in my dreams am I a princess.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  No worries at all!   There are just some posters here who get their joliies by making it their mission to attack my posts. .  And they will no matter what you post  so don't even give it a second thought.  Smiley Happy

Interesting post @Pearlee.  I don't recall ever posting to you in the past, so I don't know where your reply fits the situation.  Sad that you cannot read what you wrote and understand how it could be misinterpreted.

Enough.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I love English history. Monaco, is kind of interesting, but, mainly just a gamblers paradise for the high rollers. I think Charlotte just had twins a yr or so ago. Another reason he married somebody so much younger. Man, can father kids till they die, but , women not so much. LOL   They all have to have that heir you know.

@SharkE   Prince Albert has illegitimate children older than his twins:  See the "Children Born Out Of Wedlock" part:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_II,_Prince_of_Monaco

Yeah, I know, he supposedly had one from an airline stewardress I believe. These twins will inherit , their legit.

I'm a Royal watcher. Don't believe half the c*ap I read about them either.

camilla vs. Kate, think that's all a bunch  of bs. May not be best buds, but, I bet they get along for the sake of all.Charles, is in for a long wait anyway. Queen Mum was almost 102 before she died. Prince Phillip looks like he's already dead he's in 90's. He 'll probably go next.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

f

@Pearlee wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana and @Pearlee,

Forgive me for causing any discontentment. 

As far as FASHION here...please pardon me for not saying that dress she is wearing is stunning, regardless of who or what she is. Only in my dreams am I a princess.Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee  No worries at all!   There are just some posters here who get their joliies by making it their mission to attack my posts. .  And they will no matter what you post  so don't even give it a second thought.  Smiley Happy

Interesting post @Pearlee.  I don't recall ever posting to you in the past, so I don't know where your reply fits the situation.  Sad that you cannot read what you wrote and understand how it could be misinterpreted.

Enough.

I try to make all of my posts interesting.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@evelyner wrote:

Charlene is from South Africa.  When she married, rumors were that she was regretting marrying the Prince, but it looks like she stuck to the job.

@evelyner

Even before they were married the wedding was off then on a few times.

I've read some French newspapers and magazines that the palace tried to soften her image.  She grew her hair out, (from what they called her swimmer's 'do) only to cut it off (mon dieu)

She is from South Africa and not a touchy feely, kissy face kind of person.  She does participate in a lot of charities and even gives swimming lessons to the underprivileged. (there are some in Monaco)

The princess reminds me of Charlize Theron. (when she wears that same severe, short hairdo)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I love English history. Monaco, is kind of interesting, but, mainly just a gamblers paradise for the high rollers. I think Charlotte just had twins a yr or so ago. Another reason he married somebody so much younger. Man, can father kids till they die, but , women not so much. LOL   They all have to have that heir you know.

@SharkE   Prince Albert has illegitimate children older than his twins:  See the "Children Born Out Of Wedlock" part:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_II,_Prince_of_Monaco

I don't believe Prince Albert's love children are considered prince/princess, nor are they eligible inherit his monarchy (although one of them is his eldest child).  Titles -- even one as unimportant as Monaco's only go to the offspring of the legal royal spouse.  That makes Charlene's son, little Prince Jacques, the crown prince.

Honored Contributor

It's not an easy life:  Being in the public and always recognized.  Just think how lucky we are that we can stand out front, do some gardening, take a walk, shop around, etc. without all of the bodyguards and photographers following us everywhere, asking us all kinds of questions.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 She has also reminded me of Charlize Theron before.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She's pretty but not a raving beauty by any stretch.  She's looks unhappy and I believe he actually  is 20 years older than she is.  The dress is nice...for a middle class mother of the bride.  Not up to Royal standards....not even for Monaco. 

I'm sure Armani Prive would be pleased to know that you think the dress suitable for a "middle class mother of the bride." 😉 I looked at some other photos of it, and it seemed quite unique and exquisitely made (hand painted watercoloring).