Respected Contributor

Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne At The Queen's Garden Party

Prince Charles joined the Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne in the sunshine on Wednesday as they attended the Queen's royal garden party.

Camilla, 71, wore a white button down dress and feathered hat - matching them with a pearl necklace and earrings, for the party at Buckingham Place.

While The Prince of Wales, 70, looked dapper in a light grey suit and purple tie, as he joked with crowds.

Princess Anne, 68, dressed up for the occasion too - with a baby blue skirt and matching jacket and hat.

The garden party is the first one this summer, with three more scheduled for May, June and July, one of which will be held at Holyrood Palace.

Garden parties have been held at Buckingham Palace since the 1860s as a way to recognize and reward public service.

According to the palace, around 27,000 cups of tea are served and 20,000 sandwiches and 20,000 slices of cake are consumed during the event.

Guests also adhere to a dress code. Gentlemen wear morning dress or lounge suits, while women wear day dresses, typically accessorized with hats or fascinators.

Princess Anne, Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall

BRITAIN-ROYALS

The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne

Respected Contributor

Re: Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne At The Queen's Garden Party

I think Anne looks lovely! That baby blue color looks very pretty on her. 

And check out that gorgeous Aquamarine (I assume) enhancer on her pearl necklace!!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Prince Charles, Duchess of Cornwall and Princess Anne At The Queen's Garden Party

@lmt : I think this is the prettiest I’ve seen Princess Anne and she’s smiling. Nice to see this picture of her

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt  Thanks for posting those lovely pictures.  And, @Sadiesadie I agree with you about Princess Anne.  She really looks lovely in the pictures.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Ditto on Princess Anne.  That look is lovely, and "softening" on her.  Love the hat, which has an appealingly vintage feeling to it.  She's elegant here.

Respected Contributor

Why does anyone care???

Respected Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@lmt : I think this is the prettiest I’ve seen Princess Anne and she’s smiling. Nice to see this picture of her

@Sadiesadie  I agree, Anne looks very pretty. She does have a lovely smile!

I really admire her work ethic. She was the busiest royal last year, taking on 518 engagements - Prince Charles was second with 507 engagements. She just gets on with her work with little to no fanfare.

Honored Contributor

Anne looks great. I love her necklace!

Honored Contributor

I agree, they all look very nice. Love the blue on Princess Anne.

Honored Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Why does anyone care???

Shoekitty said

Because it is fun!  Also, it is wonderful to see Princess Anne in something other than her 30 year old suit.  Lol. She looks fabulous!