Valued Contributor

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

But the prices almost everywhere are too high. I often shop at Land's End catalog for example and it is the same there, except they have real true sales such as 40% off etc. But alas, no easy pays. 

Valued Contributor

Easy pay on less than $60 or so helps very limited income folks to be able to afford to buy an item

Super Contributor

What bothers me is the S&H on each item. Why doesn't Q just charge one S&H for each order?

Honored Contributor

Not seeing much that makes me want to buy anyway---and even tho the jeans TSV---was supposedly a great price--thats still too much for a pair of jeans-, for me---haven't tried NYDJ brand so am ignorant of how they will change my life---and really---am turned off by the dark colors of fall, in the middle of summer-----want bright happy prints and colors now. Have enough fall stuff already. 

Honored Contributor

a302170  hard to find house coats with short sleeves and big roomy pockets and Hochman has good quality lingerie stuff.

In case anybody likes to have comfortable lounge stuff.

Walmart quit carrying any house coats that have patch pockets.

Honored Contributor

I was at Steinmart yesterday....very nice quality and current fall styles and best of all most in the $30 price range....great sales on shoes too.....

What is also upsetting about QVC's clothing in addition to their uncompetitive pricing, is théir inconsistent sizing and quality---you don't  expect piling or stretching out of fabric for the price.  I got tired of returning stuff!!!....There's only a couple of clothing brands at QVC that I trust or buy from anymore....😒

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

I never thought I was extravagant when it comes to buying clothes. But I guess I am. You all think $61 is a lot for a shirt? Really? That's pretty much average what I pay around here. But I do live in the boonies and the surrounding towns have nothing but tourists boutiques. So $61 is a steal! 

@ID2 

Thats what QVC compares themselves to--Boutiques---but those prices are unrealistic compared to what's out in the markeplace.  Even if you are in the boonies you can shop online and get good deals from all the Department stores and other clothing retailers, most offer free shipping, coupons, and generous return policies....there are so many other alternatives than Boutiques and QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

my Q shopping has been dwindling every month.  also, i used to LOVE AM style, and i don't even hardly watch it anymore.  still love Leah, but the show has gone down the tubes imo. 

@fancy pantsy 

ITA about AM STYLE, love Leah as a host, one of my favorites....but the actual clothing offerings seem to be dwindling more and more...now its mostly shoes, beauty products, and foundation garments.....😒.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
It is just my opinion only, but I think Q is losing it's core customer. That will and is, hurting their bottom line, in the long run. Continuing to raise prices, play pricing games (sale one day, back to full price next day, playing around with S&H charges, etc), is turning more people off when you can have many other options where to spend your dollars.

@Snicks1 

Well said Snicks!!!!  ITA about losing the core customer base..Clever Show Titles and musical chairs with hosts isn't going to draw us in..Whät happened to quality and value...And they used to offer unique and different products, not the the same stuff I see locally and everywhere ...

And just to add even Q's sale or clearance prices aren't all that---have seen many where the "savings" was a "generous" whole $3 and change...😆😆😆

Honored Contributor

The prices you see now are the prices you see moving foward.  There's no mystery about that.  I don't think $60 is a lot to pay for a shirt but price is relative.  Obviously people have to consider their own individual budgets when they shop.  Not just here but everywhere.  Anyone who is looking for $20 shirts is not going to find them here.  And we all know that.