Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,675
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

[ Edited ]

$61 for a plaid plaid shirt.....hope this is not a preview of upcoming Fall pricing. I think it probably is.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 37,244
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

I have a maximum amount I'll pay for a shirt and $61

exceeds my limit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎06-12-2011

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

me too...noticed all rhe pricing is high...they think if they give me a dozen easy pays I wont notice.    

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,675
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy


@Paula319 wrote:

me too...noticed all rhe pricing is high...they think if they give me a dozen easy pays I wont notice.    


Personally I do not like easy pay, getting a charge on my card 3 or 4 months later and forgetting what I bought. It can help on bigger ticket items that you really want, but I have not done that much at all. It has become their mantra this year.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,596
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy


@wakefield64 wrote:

@Paula319 wrote:

me too...noticed all rhe pricing is high...they think if they give me a dozen easy pays I wont notice.    


Personally I do not like easy pay, getting a charge on my card 3 or 4 months later and forgetting what I bought. It can help on bigger ticket items that you really want, but I have not done that much at all. It has become their mantra this year.


@wakefield64   ITA.  Why would we want 5 easy pays of $6 on a $30 item, for instance?  I agree it's useful on the rare occasions where we are purchasing something expensive, but for items under $50 or $60, if you need 5 EP's, then you probably shouldn't be buying it.

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,675
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy


@2blonde wrote:

@wakefield64 wrote:

@Paula319 wrote:

me too...noticed all rhe pricing is high...they think if they give me a dozen easy pays I wont notice.    


Personally I do not like easy pay, getting a charge on my card 3 or 4 months later and forgetting what I bought. It can help on bigger ticket items that you really want, but I have not done that much at all. It has become their mantra this year.


@wakefield64   ITA.  Why would we want 5 easy pays of $6 on a $30 item, for instance?  I agree it's useful on the rare occasions where we are purchasing something expensive, but for items under $50 or $60, if you need 5 EP's, then you probably shouldn't be buying it.


Totally agree🙂

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,215
Registered: ‎07-15-2016

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

I don't buy anything from QVC that I can buy somewhere else for less money.

 

But ... with the higher prices on what I do buy ... where in the past I might buy two of an item ... I'll only buy one now.  

 

Most of my shopping dollars go elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,564
Registered: ‎06-25-2012

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

I never thought I was extravagant when it comes to buying clothes. But I guess I am. You all think $61 is a lot for a shirt? Really? That's pretty much average what I pay around here. But I do live in the boonies and the surrounding towns have nothing but tourists boutiques. So $61 is a steal! 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,149
Registered: ‎06-25-2014

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

my Q shopping has been dwindling every month.  also, i used to LOVE AM style, and i don't even hardly watch it anymore.  still love Leah, but the show has gone down the tubes imo. 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,204
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Pricing is making my cutting back on shopping easy

@2blonde 

 

I agree, its just a mind game.  They want you to look at the easy pay amount and think its no big deal but those easy pays sure add up!  I don't use easy pay unless it is a considerable purchase.  Even then i usually regret it!