New Contributor

I love it when the host says a tee shirt is ONLY $59.00, when you can buy the same shirt, same material on Amazon for $16.00 free shipping and free returns.  I also find it interesting that they put and item up at full price and the next week its on clearence.  I don't know how QVC and HSN can compete with Amazon and Walmart.  I think their days are numbered.

Frequent Contributor
Yes!!
Honored Contributor

@Spazy wrote:

I love it when the host says a tee shirt is ONLY $59.00, when you can buy the same shirt, same material on Amazon for $16.00 free shipping and free returns.  I also find it interesting that they put and item up at full price and the next week its on clearence.  I don't know how QVC and HSN can compete with Amazon and Walmart.  I think their days are numbered.

What t-shirt?

Honored Contributor

@Spazy   QVC's tees are very nice quality that will last for years.  I'm not sure they're worth $59. but I bet they're A heck of a lot nicer than what Amazon sells for $16.  I've been a victim of Amazon clothing sales and I'm not impressed.  If that's what you want, go for it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Just read a NYT article on Shein ( they have more subscribers than Amazon!!!). They have wedding dresses for $100 etc.  Obviously this is fast fashion and made in China ( with all that goes with that) but the point is that there are many fashion options that are very affordable.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it feels more luxurious coming buying from the high class designers here, the live models and the friendly hosts who have your best shopping interests at heart.  All that plus easy pay, why wouldn't you want to shop here?  

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

Just read a NYT article on Shein ( they have more subscribers than Amazon!!!). They have wedding dresses for $100 etc.  Obviously this is fast fashion and made in China ( with all that goes with that) but the point is that there are many fashion options that are very affordable.

@patbz    But who wants to wear a $100 wedding dress or a $16 tee shirt except maybe to paint the house?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Q has never claimed to be a "discount store"...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I bought something from Shein exactly one time.  A shirt for $15.  I should have known better--it went right in the trash.  Zara is fast fashion to me.  Shein is single use--maybe.  😹

Super Contributor

I've purchase a few items from Amazon - they have been cheap and not really all that great.  I have seen name brand items, like a Wrangler jacket -  that was very reasonable.   They do have a great return policy, I'll give them that!