Valued Contributor

The Marvelush Ruana with flower pin on LTS today is listed at $45 (on sale for $21).  I bought it when a year or two ago for $32-35.  All the clothing prices have really gone up across the board.  Not the same Q.

Respected Contributor

It's stopped me from buying any fashions on the Q.  HSN is having a great sale today though - stock up for next summer!  When HSN has a sale - it's a REAL sale.

Esteemed Contributor

Completely agree with the comment about it being a real sale when HSN has one. Up to 60% off on everything today. A WHOLE day of fashions on clearance, not just an hour. And the Antthony TS today seems reasonable for a sweater coat for $49.95.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

I realize the prices are way up in the stores too, but when I can't get a top for much under $50, I usually walk away.  The problem I'm finding is that I really have to look at the garment to see the quality of the item.  I recently found a little crochet sweater, it was so adorable I fell in love immediately.  It was $79 but I gulped and bought it..... first wear (after washing!) and the olive dye in the sweater came off on my lighter colored Dooney leather bag~!!  I was furious.  Couldn't get all the dye out either!!  I returned the sweater to Dillards.....!!

And that was with an item I looked at closely!  I am even more horrified with some of the pieces that I've purchased fromt the Q that were around $50 and poorly made with poor materials.... I'm willing to pay for something I fall in love with.... !

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

The listed price is up from what OP paid, but the LTS is more than a 30% reduction.  The list price here is just as meaningless as the original prices are at discount stores and many other shopping channels.  A tiny percentage of the items, if any, were ever sold at that original price.

Respected Contributor

Not at all trying to be contrarian but I find myself constantly surprised by how inexpensive clothing is, especially in B&M stores.  I was in Nordstrom the other day looking at boots...the prices were much, much lower than I was expecting.  I do remember that QVC used to offer a lot of two tshirt sets that were very inexpensive. And I hear many people say that Susan Graver has gone way up, but generally if you go to Macys or Penneys or Kohls, you can get incredible deals. I'm always shocked.

What I really dislike about the new world order in clothing is that I can't predict the quality.  I have purchased fun summer tops from Kohls that fell apart after one washing alongside tops that were work horses. 

Some colors stay rich, while others fade immediately.  And price doesn't seem to be the predictor that it used to be.

And don't get me started with HSN clothing.  My luck has been terrible.

Valued Contributor

I agree islandgirl.  It is very unpredictable. Frustrating. 

Respected Contributor

Higher prices at a retailer makes you a better shopper.  It's amazing how many carry the same type merchandise, so comparison shopping is easy.