Honored Contributor

Not all polyester is created equally just like not all cashmere, silk, rayon, etc. isn't all equal.

There are 100% polyester items in dept. stores and online that cost 5 times + the price Susan's and there are poly items for half of Susan's. 

It's up to everyone what they want to pay.  There are certain clothing items I get a ton of wear out of for work.  I have no problem paying a lot of money for those items because I wear them so much, my cost per wear is next to nothing.

I like a bargain as much as the next person and I rarely if ever pay retail for a clothing item.  I have some items from Walmart that have been super cheap and they have lasted me for years.  And I have higher priced items from elsewhere that have fallen apart in short order and vice versa.    

Respected Contributor

I have many things from SG, but her prices are climbing so much I can't afford them any longer. Her tops @$39.-high $40.s, are worth the price, but when she starts adding embellishments & raises the prices up to high $60.s I will NOT purchase. Her clothing has become outdated with all the beading & "extra" junk on it. The quality is also going down. Not to mention, I can't stand to watch her, with her arrogance.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prices on SG clothing

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree  I would never in a million years ever consider going into debt to buy clothes as you infer "Most" women do. There is a huge area to be covered between buying at Walmart and paying too much at QVC. Many Many stores! This is where "most" women actually shop, for reasonably priced , nice quality clothing.

I would also not pay too much to get clothing that I think will last for 20 years - clothing goes out of style way before that. Your paying for stuff to last so you can take it to Goodwill. I'd gladly pay $30 for a top that will last 5 years than $60 for a top I will be donating in 5 years anyway.

Valued Contributor

This whole price argument is so silly.  

Many women have different tastes and income levels.   I do believe most women buy what they like - sometimes price wins, sometimes wants/needs wins.   

There is good and bad quality in every store at every price point.   

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

As another poster pointed out, Susan's clothing lasts forever.

I love the way it feels; it makes me feel better. That's worth the price!

I certainly do not want clothing that "lasts forever."  I want decent clothing, which SG is, at a good price which SG is not.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

Many women have different tastes and income levels.   I do believe most women buy what they like - sometimes price wins, sometimes wants/needs wins.   

Exactly.  I don't understand why someone insists on telling people where and how they should spend their money.  She does it all the time.  Meanwhile, she didn't think anything of spending money to have eyebrows tattooed on or liner, something I consider to be a complete waste!     

Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

@insomniac2 wrote:

As another poster pointed out, Susan's clothing lasts forever.

I love the way it feels; it makes me feel better. That's worth the price!

I certainly do not want clothing that "lasts forever."  I want decent clothing, which SG is, at a good price which SG is not.

I think that is just a saying.   The clothes don't literally last forever. 

I don't typically buy throw away clothing.  If I am going to buy something super trendy, I buy it at a store like H&M where the price is cheap.  Then when it's out of style at the end of the season or year, I don't feel bad about tossing or donating it. 

There are some clothing items that are classic and they don't go out of style and they are things I have in my wardrobe for years.  Black pants, button front cardigans, basic skirts, etc.  These are items I don't mind spending money on because I can have them for years.

I want my work clothes to last for years.  I don't want to have to buy all new work clothes every single year. 

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Bri21 wrote:

Exactly.  I don't understand why someone insists on telling people where and how they should spend their money.  She does it all the time.  Meanwhile, she didn't think anything of spending money to have eyebrows tattooed on or liner, something I consider to be a complete waste!     

Oh, but it's not a waste when she spends her money on it.  Lol