Honored Contributor

@151949Actually, I have always found the SG I bought to be better polyester than lots of the polyester sold by my favorite place to buy lots of ny clothing. 

So, you can think I'm a stupid buyer, but just like there is good silk and cheap silk, good cotton and stiff ugly cotton, there is good poly and bad poly.  My experience is that Graver poly works well for me -   and on a cost per wear, it's cheaper than the poly from any discount store.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Lala Ann  I totally agree the QVC prices on all their lines are way too high. I'm also not much of a fan of the styles QVC keeps trying to push down our throats - like LOGO, so I rarely shop here anymore.Susan Graver pushing her 100% polyester clothing for those high prices  seems ridiculous to me . I love her designs but not the fabrics she uses most of the time. They are cheap & clingy. I'm always dissatisfied and end up returning them, so now I know better than to buy them.

I wouldn't say QVC is trying to push anything down anyones throat, that's a little over the top!   As any retailor they are trying to cater to many different taste.  I also like Susan Graver, also Louis Dell'Oilo and Issac,  their lines tend to be more classic.  As for Logo her line is more of a bohemian style (or as some of you keep saying a bag lady style which IMO is just mean and wrong), anyhow, a lot of people love that style and they look great in it - to each he own.  All and all they are ALL getting way to exspensive !!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Prices on SG clothing

[ Edited ]
Think there's something for everyone. Tried SG Liquid knit and didn't care for the fabric or look. However, Do like her pants and crops. Couple months ago ordered new style 60.00 wear often, Pant looks like new. Favorite line QF, Like I said there's something for everyone.
Honored Contributor

If one doesn't like polyster, fine.  Don't buy it.  I happen to love liquid knit and enjoy many of Susan's clothes.  In fact, I pretty much buy only SG, LDO and Isaac.  Polyester, or otherwise.  No reason for anyone to put down those of us who like polyster, nor to make blanket statements like one poster did.

Honored Contributor

I totally agree!  I would pay $30 but not $50!  Plus, the pants are too short! 

Honored Contributor
Interesting reading opinions on cost. Imo worth $$$ spending on quality. Selective about my purchases, Retired more casual style. Grateful for Qvc and lines offered. Even though don't buy from every designer, happy to see there's something for everyone.
Valued Contributor

I have several pieces of SG, but lately I have noticed that she just recycles the same type style, only with a different fabric.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a LOT of Susan Graver's clothes... but not anything in the last year or more.  They do last forever, but her prices and her designs no longer appeal to me - too many VERY LONG tunics, almost down to the knee on her, which she says do not "overwhelm" anyone, but I beg to differ.  Also odd prints, extremely odd hemlines, or the same old same old animal print designs.  As to prices, those are beginning to be ridiculous.  Although I love liquid knit and butterknit, $50.00 (including S&H and tax) for that cap sleeve "tank top" this morning was way too much for my taste.  It was a basically a tank top with an extra inch and a half or so added to the shoulder... not worth that price.  I stopped buying a lot of things from QVC when I found them for much less on line or "catalog" shopping, and many just as good a quality.  

Honored Contributor

Some women don't wear Walmart priced clothing.  Some don't want to, some don't have to.    Value is relative, while $55 for pants might be lot for you, it isn't for most women.  Especially women who have credit cards with hefty lines or credit.  Which many women in their mid years have.  That is the core QVC customer.    When I see pants under $100 that fit the way I like my pants to fit and have the quality and fabric I like....I buy 2 or 3 at a time.  Go into the better stores sometimes and look around.  You'll find pants like that for a heck of a lot more than $55. 

Honored Contributor

@Lala AnnJust read an article on American retail this week.  One statistic probably tells us why little is made here -  only 23% pf buyer say they are willing to pay extra for clothing manufactured here.   Nothing in the article indicated whether the other 77% weren't willing or weren't able.

Another article about a specific retailer noted that while they manufactured everything here in the USA, they could not sell even half of what they manufactured without exporting to other countries.

Price doesn't seem to be any guiide to origin -  I bought 2 pieces of clothing recently -  both cost more than anything I've ever seen Susan sell.  One came from China, one from Canada.