Occasional Contributor

Re: Prices on QF and Denim&Co

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 thanks for the tip about Karen Scott. I'm browsing that collection on Macy's website right now and a lot of it looks identical to items I've seen from D&C and Susan Graver, for a fraction of the price. 

Regarding the actual topic of this thread, my feelings are kind of in between. Most of my clothing purchases at QVC have been styles that I wasn't seeing anywhere else, at least not at the same value, so to me those purchases were good buys. I have certainly seen items that I thought were overpriced for what they were, however.

The 'separate-shipping-fee-per-item' thing is definitely outdated though. I understand that it made sense in the early days of television shopping where online ordering wasn't the way most people shopped (or there wasn't a website available yet at all) and orders were usually placed via phone one item at a time as they were presented on television, but I don't think that's how most people shop QVC in 2019. It can be kind of a buzzkill to load 5 items in my cart and then see the total go up by $30 just from shipping. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have also noticed that the Q has been lowering the prices of fairly new items within say, three or four weeks of being on air as new, down to clearance items.  That tells me the original pricing was too high and they had to adjust what the customer will pay for the item.

Always remember, nothing is worth anything unless someone is willing to pay for it. If sales go down, they will lower the prices. That is why I only buy what I absolutely love right now. I don't need anything that bad. I have lots of wants on the wishlist, but the Q is a luxury to me and I treat it like that. It costs $10 to try something on here--that is real money to me so I treat it as such.

Vote with your wallet.

Honored Contributor

@JJ_45  You might want to also check out the Charter Club line at Macy's.  Also similar to D&C and SG, a higher price than Karen Scott but frequent sales.  Plus if you're not a "platinum" Macy's cardholder and live near a Macy's, there's free shipping to the store.  Very easy and convenient.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Lyocell is a form of Rayon and has many fine qualities which may make it worth the price.  Read about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyocell#Uses

@chessylady  @SharkE 

Not for me. Nonsense. I just wear sleeveless under jackets and sweaters anyway. Old women have ugly wrinkled arms I keep mine hid. LOL

Honored Contributor

@SharkE.  You live in NW Texas where it get hotter than hades.  You wear sweaters and jackets in summer?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

LOL  Hale no ! 'cept maybe in restaurants and the church where I've seen them turn the thermostat down to 68 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG my husband almost has a coronary. Ours is on 78 at home. I take in something long sleeved.

At home I run around naked in nylon shortie gowns and keep something by the door handy in case somebody knocks .

your right sister even in North Tx  one day last yr it got to 108' I got my recumbent riding out of the way early with fan on me hahhahahaha