Honored Contributor

Re: Prices on QF and Denim&Co

simple white sleeveless blouse I could get in another material for 20 at penny's.

I like nice stuff, but, that's for Amazon's ex-wife. LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lyocell is a form of Rayon and has many fine qualities which may make it worth the price.  Read about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyocell#Uses

@chessylady  @SharkE 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Lyocell is a form of Rayon and has many fine qualities which may make it worth the price.  Read about it.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyocell#Uses

@chessylady  @SharkE 

@Kachina624   Yup.......today's variation of rayon is a whole different product......."almost" has a silk quality to it.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jnb0903 wrote:

@Susan Louise 

I read the article and I will re-read it after supper.

I know a lot of people have mentioned tariffs and higher cost. What I don't understand is, if the tariff makes everything so much more expensive, why not move back over to making it here in America? 

If QF was made in the USA and the price stayed around the higher end that they are at now, would people be more willing to pay that higher price? 

It's certainly interesting but isn't IM, Attitude/Renee, etc.. also made in China? If so, then how are they besting the prices of QF and D&C?

Thanks for sharing that article and that website! I'll be saving it to read through. ☺️

most of the infrastructure for manufacturing clothing has gone,  it would be a huge investment to bring the machinery here.  

Q set the prices and obviously the DC and QF customer is paying the current prices 

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

@SharkE That shirt you referenced is made of lyocel which is rayon. Remember years ago when you washed rayon it shrank and was all wrinkled? Hope it's better than that at $114.

Tencel isn't really like that old school rayon, feels and looks very different 

Honored Contributor

one more thing which we have discussed,  

QVC never runs a sale,  like 20-40% off, so while a top might be 50 in the store and on Q, on a sale you can get a reasonable price.  Here not often. 

Rinna's stuff I like some, but  I think the prices are too much for what it is so I won't buy.

the resale sites are loaded with Q items so you might find what you like 

Trusted Contributor

The prices are very high for Denim & Co. they have skyrocketed in the last year. Isaac's line is a much better deal at this point. 

When it comes to QVC, I only buy it if it is a really good deal and exclusive to QVC such as Isaac and D & Co. 

Regular Contributor

I went to TJ Maxx Wednesday, and they had the cutest styles at very good prices...I purchased a nice long cardi that would be no less than 60$ on the Q, for 15.99...made in China, same as the Q stuff...I could have purchased so much more  for items that were really cute and fashionable for less than half the prices the Q charges...but somehow my checkbook wouldn't allow me to do that.  And....no S&H charges!

Esteemed Contributor

Shop locally -- better prices and no shipping charges.  Try it on before you buy it.  (what a concept!)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I've been siwth QVC almost since day and one and I never knew a QVC that sold clothing for $10.  Yes, prices increased over the decades because ALL prices of everything have increase over the decades.  If shoppers think the prices are higher now, it's only because the prices are high FOR THEM.  As some people age and retire, they find that their financial situation is not what they want it to be.  They can't afford certain things but that does not mean that those things are over priced or expensive.  We all have live within our own budgets.  One of things I have noticed about QVC prices is that they all tend to be within a particular price range; from one designer to the next.  There are no surprises here.  No sticker shock.   I am not going to click on a shirt and see that the price is $189....which happens at the better department stores.