Respected Contributor

Re: Prices on QF and Denim&Co

I agree the prices have gone up considerably over the past few years for Denim &Co. and QF.  But I don’t feel like IM or any of the other clothing lines on the Q have budget friendly prices (unless I’m looking at the wrong items).  I saw several items on Kim Gavel’s show this afternoon that I liked but her items are higher priced. 

Esteemed Contributor

Regardless of the price of cotton and tariffs hurting our pocketbooks, these prices have gotten out of hand.  Plus, there is no discounted shipping anymore.  I am in need of some everyday tees, but, the prices combined with shipping are just too much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grandma r wrote:

Regardless of the price of cotton and tariffs hurting our pocketbooks, these prices have gotten out of hand.  Plus, there is no discounted shipping anymore.  I am in need of some everyday tees, but, the prices combined with shipping are just too much.

@grandma r  You can't just ignore tariffs...they do increase prices on imported goods. I gave a link with info in my post #6 in this thread.

And make a note...Sunday will be a QVC FREE S&H day Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@littleminx wrote:
I recently taped and watched several of these two shows and was literally taken aback at the high prices! Oh my goodness, no longer at all budget friendly even for a tee and some look so dowdy! What ever happened? Isaac M’s prices are almost reasonable I’m comparison.

Check Ebay-There are sellers who sell new QVC fashions for very low prices.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Re tariffs -- then why can I get the Karen Scott brand for tops at Macy's for under $15?  They are cotton/poly just like a lot of D&C is and are made in China.  IMO the tariff situation is just an excuse for the Q to charge outrageous prices for simple items that they rarely put on any sort of decent sale like other vendors do.  

Honored Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@grandma r.  QVC depends heavily on profits from shipping to balance the books.  Sometimes it has made the difference between operating in the black as opposed to being in the red.  They can't afford much free anything.  HSN was very generous with freebies and was in serious financial trouble when the new management took over.  Apparently their CEO was just a girl who couldn't say "no".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

They need MONEY to run the TV empire.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

It is up to each person to decide when and how to shop.I rarely buy clothes from QVC because of their sizing inconsistancy and the cost of returns. i never have that problem with Land's End and LL Bean. Even people with physical disabilities can shop online and comparison price. Even if I had a boatload of money, I would comparison shop unless the item was unique. QVC tries to make you think their items are better made, would be worth more"add a 1 in front of that price." That pitch does not work on me. No one is forced to pay $60-$80 for a simple top made from polyester aka microfiber.

Honored Contributor

All sizes and colors still left

A350099

LOL

Yikes !

Respected Contributor

@SharkE That shirt you referenced is made of lyocel which is rayon. Remember years ago when you washed rayon it shrank and was all wrinkled? Hope it's better than that at $114.