Honored Contributor

Too expensive!!

Honored Contributor

On QVC for sure.  But there's Macy's with great sales, Blair--reasonably priced and many other sites for good quality, reasonable prices.

Esteemed Contributor

Everything is going up up up. Must shop around for the best bargains. 

Honored Contributor

I gravitate toward the more expensive things. The older I get the more I want to wear nicer things. When I was younger I always sought the sales and cheapy things. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor
Yes, I agree, prices have certainly gone up on Q items. Since retiring this past June, I need fewer items and have limited what I buy. I still want stuff, lol, but a $50 top now costing $70 or $80 keeps me from buying multiple items at same time.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

The prices on everything have gone up, for a lot of reasons. Fortunately, I have a closet filled with well made clothes that will last for years. Thank You, Louis Del'Olio! Well cut trousers, carefully shaped jackets, both made in good fabrics. Classic and elegant. TRULY chic.  I am stunned when some designers on QVC call everything "chic" even when they are describing a loose hanging...thing. They might be fun for Saturday play clothes, but real Chic is more. I do not mind paying more for really Good Clothes.....

Honored Contributor

Speaking of prices - earlier today I got an email from LandsEnd. 

Some very good sales prices on some of my favorite items.

Respected Contributor

@godi holycow have clothing prices on the q and hsn ever gone up.cuddleduds that I love,are over 50.00.i refuse to pay that.i don't think these prices will ever go down.groceries either.makes me sick and depressed thinking about it

Honored Contributor

Everything is going up!  It is hard to take, for sure.

It's not that I just like expensive clothes. because that's definitely not the case, but it seems lately the things I like are expensive --- or at least they are to me!  They are not fancy either.  Just every day things, which is pretty much all I wear any more.  I can't afford to buy many clothes these days, or at least the ones which I really like!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Prices of fashion

[ Edited ]

Everything (from A to Z), and everywhere.

It's the sign of our times.  

'The pendulum swings'. 

Someone told me that years and years ago, when I was young.

Anyway, glad to have awakened this

morning.

Keep well and safe.  Nice to have these boards/forums.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).