Honored Contributor

@TW 

probably wouldn’t pay $40 for pull on knit shorts either. I don’t think $40 is outrageous though for twill or denim shorts. I’ve paid that much for tailored zip shorts at Kohl’s & Talbots.

Like @depglass @beautybee I have a few Danskin & Faded Glory items from Walmart that I still like and wear. For the price they have been a good value. 

Trusted Contributor

If the prices at the Q are too high for you shop elsewhere. The Q has clothes that you can't find anywhere else like Denim & Co.

Esteemed Contributor

I have complained on the boards about prices, quality etc until I realized I was wasting my time and energy. I can voice my displeasure by not purchasing, writing directly to the President and shopping elsewhere. I can also read reviews.  QVC offers thousands of products in all price ranges like any B&M store and it's up to us to choose. I appreciate solid reviews and suggestions on these boards but as far as prices are concerned if it's out of my range I pass on bye as others should have the opportunity to buy.  We all have different likes, dislikes, budgets etc and I for one am not willing to debate others over their choices.  

Honored Contributor

@TW wrote:

$40+ for a pair of pull on short is ridiculous.  I used to get a pair of Modal/ French Terry shorts at Walmart for $12.  Why are prices on QVC so insanely high? 

because the customer buys them

if no one bought the $40 short it would be a $30

business price items at a price at which they know their "target customer " will purchase 

Contributor

I guess it's up to consumers if they are willing to pay these outrageous prices.  I refuse to pay $60 for a Graver polyester, or $40 for a tee.  Someone must be buying them.  I've noticed that even the 'as is' items are no bargain either.  I'm saving my $$ when I'm able to visit TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prices are way too high

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal 

Antonella started by saying she reads the boards and referred to the people who complained about the high prices.  

She was basically chastising/lecturing people who complained about high prices - saying that cheap clothes don't last, etc., etc., etc. 

It wasn't so much the words she said, but how she said them.  She was confrontational and speaking directly to the people who post on the boards.

I didn't make notes while she was "scolding" the complainers - so while what I wrote above may not accurately report what she said - I was left with that impression.

I don't care for GILII and would never buy it, but was watching while doing something else because Antonella was amusing as a host - but after her diatribe yesterday - I'm not so amused.  

Respected Contributor

@petitelady7 wrote:

I guess it's up to consumers if they are willing to pay these outrageous prices.  I refuse to pay $60 for a Graver polyester, or $40 for a tee.  Someone must be buying them.  I've noticed that even the 'as is' items are no bargain either.  I'm saving my $$ when I'm able to visit TJ Maxx and Marshall's.

Sorry, but my Susan Graver clothes lasts for years.   Good quality clothes.  Isaac's Pima cotton tops are good quality also and they're not thin or see thru.  Worth every dime spent because they last.   I have no idea why the other poster that started this thread said that Denim and Co. is as expensive as Logo.  So not true.   

Valued Contributor

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@petitelady7 wrote:

Sorry, but my Susan Graver clothes lasts for years.   Good quality clothes.  Isaac's Pima cotton tops are good quality also and they're not thin or see thru.  Worth every dime spent because they last.   I have no idea why the other poster that started this thread said that Denim and Co. is as expensive as Logo.  So not true.   

I love Isaac's Pima cotton and his modal cotton/span...I have many of his tops..he always has good deals!...I just purchased several of his new spring tops in different colors..LOVE the quality!!!! Heart

Valued Contributor
Shame on Antonella! She gets a discount and probably makes more than most women. I am really disappointed in her.
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal I don't understand it either. Walmart & Target have cute things, but they are what I call "wash 'n' toss" because they are poor quality. I have some things that I purchased from the Q 10 years ago and more and they are still in good condition. You get what you pay for. Yes the Q's prices have gone up. So has everything else.