Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@TW 

Did you catch the "chastisement" from Antonella this morning directed to people complaining about prices?  It was during the GILI show.  

A real turn-off.  Actually surprised at her outburst.  

-------------------------------------

@TW wrote:

$40+ for a pair of pull on short is ridiculous.  I used to get a pair of Modal/ French Terry shorts at Walmart for $12.  Why are prices on QVC so insanely high? 

I am not surprised. I disagreed with her on a Facebook posts and her reply was not factual. She is not on my lists to watch.

Honored Contributor

I'm all for a bargain but who thinks $40 for shorts is high?? If I found a pair a pair of shorts for $40 I's snatch them UP!! 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

If women continue to pay the high prices, the high prices will remain.  Just shop at Target or Walmart.  I found the cutest hoodies at Target under $20.  They are so soft and well made.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I'm all for a bargain but who thinks $40 for shorts is high?? If I found a pair a pair of shorts for $40 I's snatch them UP!! 

@ID2  -  I don't see why posters are expecting QVC to have the same prices as Walmart. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Prices are way too high

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

The only place to buy Q fashions is on ebay, I do all the time for a fraction of their prices. 

I buy lunchtime specials...or primetime specials...you can get some good deals..Also, the AS IS...anything I've ordered has been fine.. at significant savings!!! Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Prices are way too high

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

If women continue to pay the high prices, the high prices will remain.  Just shop at Target or Walmart.  I found the cutest hoodies at Target under $20.  They are so soft and well made.

I LOVE Target...(too much...lol!) Ebay too!!! Woman Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

I agree, prices are way too high for a shopping channel. Quality is not there for the prices they are charging.

Valued Contributor

Clothing prices are not competitively priced. They all come from the same factories and are almost the same quality nowadays. So why should someone pay more?  $40 for a pair of short vs $20 or less for the same quality is a no brainer.  I understand why salespeople are nervous since you take away from their sales quota if you don't buy. But most people are tightening their wallets in these uncertain times.

Honored Contributor

I don't expect QVC to compete with Walmart.  I don't even look at Walmart anymore, since they dumped Danskin and Faded Glory.  Their own labels now are tissue thin.  

Valued Contributor

@depglass  I agree. I no longer shop Walmart clothing because of it. I really liked the Danskin brand. I  have a couple of their drawstring, bootcut yoga pants that are great quality but discontinued. Wish I would have purchased more.  The fitness gear were also good quality at a low price.