Valued Contributor

Re: Prices Of Clothing On QVC

I just did some sorting of unused clothing , l have several big totes from QVC years ago never even used . Wish I had all that money back now to use for groceries !!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone else feel all the clothing lines at QVC are way overpriced? I feel if I shop at Macys with their sales and coupons I can get more bang for my buck. 

@Jordan2 

Well, price-wise, QVC has never been the best game in town.  They don't claim to have the best prices.

What they DO have is the "convenience factor".  You can go online, make a few clicks, and the item will be at your door ... in about two weeks.   

Same with the "convenience factor" for take out food at the deli counter.  It's pre-made and saves you time, but you pay extra for the ready made food.   Sometimes it makes sense, and other times not so much.  

I no longer buy many clothes at QVC unless I am getting a second of something I already have, like a Cuddl Duds fleece top, for instance.   Even with accurate measurements, I have had to send too many things back.  I felt like it was becoming another exercise in wasting my time and money.

With stores like Macys, Marshalls, etc etc out there wanting our business, QVC rarely can compete.   And many retailers will give free shipping at least half the time.  

Esteemed Contributor

I find their prices overpriced. And most of the styles are just not me.  Even the sale, clearance and AS IS are too high.  I buy by color, size and design and I get lots of great stuff for me at Walmart, Zulily, and Blair.  At times even Costco and Sams Club.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

Does anyone else feel all the clothing lines at QVC are way overpriced? I feel if I shop at Macys with their sales and coupons I can get more bang for my buck. 

@Jordan2 

Well, price-wise, QVC has never been the best game in town.  They don't claim to have the best prices.

What they DO have is the "convenience factor".  You can go online, make a few clicks, and the item will be at your door ... in about two weeks.   

Same with the "convenience factor" for take out food at the deli counter.  It's pre-made and saves you time, but you pay extra for the ready made food.   Sometimes it makes sense, and other times not so much.  

I no longer buy many clothes at QVC unless I am getting a second of something I already have, like a Cuddl Duds fleece top, for instance.   Even with accurate measurements, I have had to send too many things back.  I felt like it was becoming another exercise in wasting my time and money.

With stores like Macys, Marshalls, etc etc out there wanting our business, QVC rarely can compete.   And many retailers will give free shipping at least half the time.  

You can do that at other retailers and usually get free shipping and get the item sooner and Macy's allows a 90 day return policy.  I also get coupons automatically applied at Macy's when I shop with my credit card online and free shipping.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

For me it is worth it but I do not find the prices too high for what I want.  I have never (even before the internet) shopped B & M much as I find my time too valuable to waste hunting for clothing I like and hardly ever can find since most B & M stores seem to cater to the more conservative clothing seen everywhere and shopping with coupons or waiting for sales is  too time consuming for me.  Plus, the inconvenience of either trying on in stores things many others may have tried on or taking home and finding clothing doesn't fit  so another waste of time returning in person.  There is something for everyone based on preferences so really should be no big deal for anyone - just shop elsewhere if prices are too high! 

@Pook @I agree with you 100%!  You said it well.   

Trusted Contributor

I have recently discovered a used clothing site called ThredUp.com. I just ordered a few things from them including a $300 Kate Spade navy leather crossbody bag that I paid $55.40 for. I also ordered a few tops from Talbots. They are great. I am going to try this again. I have sent in a few bags of clothing but I did not receive much money for them. But I did not want them anyway.

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I have recently discovered a used clothing site called ThredUp.com. I just ordered a few things from them including a $300 Kate Spade navy leather crossbody bag that I paid $55.40 for. I also ordered a few tops from Talbots. They are great. I am going to try this again. I have sent in a few bags of clothing but I did not receive much money for them. But I did not want them anyway.

Hi Nusty. Or is that Acorn? Smiley WinkHeart

Trusted Contributor

I shop at QVC for the majority of my clothing because I am a "plus size" and QVC offers every item of clothing in plus size while other retailers do not.  (Except, of course, those retailers specifically targeting "plus size" people.)

However, I do refuse to pay $50.00 for a thin, lightweight, polyester tank top.  But, at least I have that option if I choose to because they do carry it in my size.  My choice!

And I agree, Macy's does often have great sales.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@Squirrel Lover  - I've also purchased a few items from Thred UP and was happy with them.  I also sent in clothing a fews years back and didn't receive much $$ either.  

Honored Contributor

When you buy clothes, and other things, from a shopping channel  you pay for everything it takes to bring it to air and all that involves to get it there. Think about that for just a bit.