Frequent Contributor

Re: Price increasing across the board. Check your wish list.

It may be time to shop at Brick and Mortor for clothing more often.  The prices are too high on QVC and returning is a pain in the butt if you can't return to a Brick and Mortor store.  I am looking forward to Nordstrom's July sale.  I also do well at the Norstrom Rack and their "clear the rack" sales.  

Esteemed Contributor

The QVC/HSN merger hasn't been a good deal for the customers, has it? Now the renamed company Qurate really does have a monopoly on american TV shopping. That merger cost the company a lot of money and now they are looking to improve their combined bottom lines. Thus the price increases across the board that they hope nobody will notice. Like I said in another thread, I think this is to improve their 2nd quarter financial numbers.

Honored Contributor

@TY wrote:

The QVC/HSN merger hasn't been a good deal for the customers, has it? Now the renamed company Qurate really does have a monopoly on american TV shopping. That merger cost the company a lot of money and now they are looking to improve their combined bottom lines. Thus the price increases across the board that they hope nobody will notice. Like I said in another thread, I think this is to improve their 2nd quarter financial numbers.

@TY: It seems that since the merger, many prices at HSN have increased, and their offerings no longer interest me.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

I agree totally regarding price increases. I have shopped since the beginning but no more. The prices in the stores and sales are great. QVC prices are ridiculous. They are laughing all the way to the bank. I have many Susan Graver pieces but no more. Too rich for my blood. Shipping ridiculous also if you want to return. I believe they better think about what QVC used to stand for. Quality Value and Convenience