Trusted Contributor

Price Increase Shock

[ Edited ]

I got online to search for my most purchased top from Denim and Company this morning. A51240 - I own 8 of this top in assorted colors.  Even gifted one to a friend.  A51240, which according to the reviews, has been around for 16 years!  WOW!  The first time I purchased this top it was $24.00.  Today it is $49.  I am old enough to remember when QVC brought in an item at a price and that price remained in effect forever.  I understand the world and QVC today, but I am not paying $49. I don't care what the reasonings for this increase may be.  Went over to Ebay and found 3 for total of $41!  Yay!   

Update:  in addition I have received notifications already that my items are shipping arriving Thursday and Friday.  You can't beat that!  No "in process" for 4 days and waiting 5-7 more days for arrival.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

I got online to search for my most purchased top from Denim and Company this morning. A51240 - I own 8 of this top in assorted colors.  Even gifted one to a friend.  A51240, which according to the reviews, has been around for 16 years!  WOW!  The first time I purchased this top it was $24.00.  Today it is $49.  I am old enough to remember when QVC brought in an item at a price and that price remained in effect forever.  I understand the world and QVC today, but I am not paying $49. I don't care what the reasonings for this increase may be.  Went over to Ebay and found 3 for total of $41!  Yay!   

yep. there are many sellers of Q and H stuff,  

have been shopping more and more on Ebay

Trusted Contributor

Many Ebay sellers buy the pallets of merchandise from both QVC & HSN, for re-sell on ebay.

The details on these pallets are on the Q's home page, at the bottom.

Respected Contributor

I would never pay $49 for that top.  It's polyester and rayon.  Rayon is a cheap fabric and doesn't last long although it looks nice when new.  The two different fabrics combined will cause it to pill.

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper Ebay is great when you know what you're looking for.  I have found many Q items there brand new that might be around for a few years and are popular for a fraction of the price.

Respected Contributor

I also remember when QVC wouldn't raise a price, didn't sell colored simulated gems, had a one time price-----that was the lowest it would ever be, had a birthstone show monthly, etc., ...... 

Respected Contributor

They could identify as the $50. and above network lately.

Honored Contributor

I had sticker shock at the grocery checkout this morning.

It's everywhere.

Honored Contributor

What shocks and alarms me is the deterioration in the quality of clothing, and it's not just QVC.

I just ran across an unworn Bob Mackie top in the back of my closet of beautiful, soft cotton twice as heavy and substantial as the junk we're  offered now.  Obviously a finer quality of cotton than what we currently typically see.  The top has a notched neck and two vertical rows of gorgeous embroidered flowers on the front. 

So pretty I guess I've hesitated wearing it.  Such superior quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment