Honored Contributor

Re: “Pretty Woman” Fashion

This is one of the outfits she tried on at the store.  This was a cute outfit with wide legged pants:

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 

I longed for that dress and finally found one many summers ago that was almost identical.  Mine was voile over a silky lining. 

It was worn to a summer wedding and I felt beautiful in it (a rarity for me!).  One man even mentioned he recognized the dress from the movie.

Think I still have the dress, but never an occasion to wear it.

@Witchy Woman , i love the thought of you feeling so pretty in that cherished dress.  

Honored Contributor

Loved all of the fashion except the suit with the shorts, although, everything looks great on Julia!!!

Honored Contributor

The hats really made the dresses into outfits.  Both looks the brown and white polka dot and the off white dress are very pretty.  Her red gown was beautiful.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

The black dress scene:

Julia: You're late
Gere: You're stunning!
Honored Contributor

I did a little modeling when I was a teenager as part of a teen advisory board. The "professional" photos they took of me were me wearing a brown polka dot dress, white medium-wide brimmed hat (but not with the ribbon like Julia's), and sandals. They took about five - I remember I was sitting in one, and holding the hat in front of me in one. I had shoulder length curly blonde hair gathered and tied on the side. I bought the dress and hat - well, my mom did! They also put me in a red patterned dress. I didn't buy that one. I wore the brown dress a lot. The hat ended up on the shelf in my closet and stayed there. 

I've always wanted a dress like that since. I've come close with navy blue, but finally got a Susan Graver one here in brown! A274430. 

Susan Graver Printed Liquid Knit Sleeveless Dress A274430 Brown XS

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I did a little modeling when I was a teenager as part of a teen advisory board. The "professional" photos they took of me were me wearing a brown polka dot dress, white medium-wide brimmed hat (but not with the ribbon like Julia's), and sandals. They took about five - I remember I was sitting in one, and holding the hat in front of me in one. I had shoulder length curly blonde hair gathered and tied on the side. I bought the dress and hat - well, my mom did! They also put me in a red patterned dress. I didn't buy that one. I wore the brown dress a lot. The hat ended up on the shelf in my closet and stayed there. 

I've always wanted a dress like that since. I've come close with navy blue, but finally got a Susan Graver one here in brown! A274430. 

Susan Graver Printed Liquid Knit Sleeveless Dress A274430 Brown XS

@beach-mom 

I have that dress too!

@wilma 

I'm enjoying all of your movie "fashion" reviews.  Thank you for doing this.  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I guess I'm not alone in my love for that Polka Dot dress and matching hat!  I remember being blown away the first time I saw the movie and that dress.  My second favorite was the black dress.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Tennesseegal wrote:

@wilma 

I'm enjoying all of your movie "fashion" reviews.  Thank you for doing this.  

@Tennesseegal 

You’re welcome! I love anything fashion related. Have a good week! 

Honored Contributor

I watched a special on the Reelz channel a month or so ago about making this movie.  The polka dot dress was longer and the costume designer did not like the look so she cut it off and put the remaining material on the hat, which was just plain to begin with.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)