Valued Contributor

Presentation on Arctic Expedition coat

I just read the reviews on this coat from last year's TSV. Many problems with stiffness, heaviness and zipper issues, Yet here they are selling it again and comparing it to the Shelburne Parka out of Canada. They even  have a rep in a studio coming from Canada and of course what they want you to think is that their coat is the same quality as the coat made in Canada,

Shameless! Their coat is imported so MIC and although they list down feathers there is a huge difference between goose down and duck down. Anyway, trying to make people think your coat is just as good as the ones made in Canada is rdiculous. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Presentation on Arctic Expedition coat

@PinkSunset.  Isn't a coat made in Canada also imported?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PinkSunset.  Isn't a coat made in Canada also imported?

made in North America by hand is a far cry from sweatshops in Asia, but I supposed you already know that. You just felt like throwing some unnecessary shade on my post. 

Respected Contributor

I received this year’s TSV Arctic Expedition jacket and I’m very happy with it.  I did not order last year’s version so I can’t compare it.  I think this year’s version is very well made and my coat’s zippers work fine. I consider this a serious cold weather coat like when it gets down to the teens and single digits (I live in the Midwest).  Even though it’s heavier I don’t look like the abdomiable snowman in it.   I’m also looking forward to using it next year during football games in November when I’m sitting in the stands for four hours and sometimes it even snows.  For the price I thought it was a great find. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very true.  Products made in Canada, U.S. and I might add Europe and Australia are a different ballgame than those made in China and other sweatshop countries.