Super Contributor

Premium jeans vs 50.00 jeans?

Kerstin is presenting Kut from the Cloth jeans now. Sounds like the host is knocking the 50.00 jeans the Q sells like Lauri Felt, Kim Gravel, denim and company, etc. She said we're spending 50.00 on jeans that aren't premium jeans. Huh? Isn't that just what the TSV from yesterday??? 50.00 jeans comparable to "premium" jeans (whatever they are). Maybe the host need to think what the selling points should be. Talk about taking out of both sides of your mouth😋

Honored Contributor

Re: Premium jeans vs 50.00 jeans?

@colover 

They are sales people.  You can tell they are scripted because they each have the same "lines."  

They contradict themselves in the same presentation. 

For instance ... first they will tell you that the petites differ from regular sizes in rise, etc.  Cut specifically for the petite person - not just a shorter inseam.

Then at the end of the presentation they will tell you to buy both the regular and petite sizes so that they are long enough to wear with both high heels and flats.

Honored Contributor

They have to sell what's put in front of them. 

I have enough confidence in my own ability to make the right choice no matter what they say and also no matter what posters here try to convince me is ridiculous.  After all, plenty of the posts I see aren't in the least consistently or even truthful.

Respected Contributor

Lol, for me, my premium jeans are my good old Levi's that I've had for years that don't have any of that nasty stretch in them.  

Honored Contributor

My premium jeans are made and designed in the U.S.  The denim is Japanese and the cotton content is pima or supima cotton.  And they are not mixed with synthetic fibers. The are made by highly skilled workers and part of unions. The word premium jeans were coined by an Italian designer Adriano Goldschmidt.  He wasn't thinking of QVC at the time.

Frequent Contributor

I heard the same thing. Lol!! I’ve been wearing KFTK  jeans for a while. One of my favorite brands. Rarely do I have to pay full price for them. They’re in all of the subscription boxes and Nordstrom drops them at Nordstrom Rack all the time. I can hardly watch Kerstin or Shawn. Too over the top for me worried about what the celebrities are doing. Leah is about the only host that I will watch. I shop online and just watch the presentation video. 

Honored Contributor

Attaching the word "'premium" to jeans is pure marketing.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 : And I believe every single vendor sellling jeans on TV says their jeans are different and higher quality from others because they are premium jeans. Makes me chuckle.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my $13 skinny jeans that I purchased from Costco a year ago --- I purchased 2 pair black and 2 pair navy with orange stitching. Perfect!!!

Honored Contributor

Premium denim has nothing to do with quality. It has to do with who's name is on the tag.