Esteemed Contributor

Re: Preferred sleeve length?

3/4 is preferred... it works all year round when you have four seasons.

Perfect for wearing jewelry also.

Esteemed Contributor

Long sleeves, for sure.  I wear button fronts most of the time and cuff them up in summer.  I like to protect my arms from the sun (and actually I find it cooler to cover up with the right fabric, than baring skin).

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

I prefer long sleeves but often they are too long.  3/4 length is most wearable. for me.

Respected Contributor

3/4 and elbow are my 2 favorites

Honored Contributor

It depends on the season.  I like long sleeves when it's cold.  I like elbow and 3/4 for spring and summer but we do get chilly days and cool evenings so I have some long sleeves in summer colors for spring/summer.

Honored Contributor

Long sleeves or no sleeves but I will lump the 3/4 in there with the long sleeves. The only time they annoy me is when I'm trying to put on a jacket! Lol

I generally dislike a short sleeve because they are difficult to look flattering. They have to be just the right length and shape and they rarely are

Honored Contributor

First choice for me is by far 3/4 length because they are versatile and don't get in my way during the day.  Short sleeves are good here for most of the year; and sleeveless for summer.

Long sleeves are marginal because they get in the way and we don't have a lot of cold weather and they are hardly ever the right length. 

I hate elbow length.  To me those are just awkward. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer 3/4 length sleeves.  It's perfect for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Short sleeve, sleeveless or long sleeves please.  3/4 sleeves don't look like they are 3/4 skeeves on me unless it's a petite size (taken into consideration my height) not weight.  Not my favorite.  I live in a 2-3 season climate.  I want long sleeves in winter and I don't mind sleeveless or short sleeves in the summer.  

There was a time I stopped wearing sleeveless.  I no longer care about that.  Being comfortable is most important now....

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer long sleeves all year round.  For the warmer months, I like gauze or other light fabrics. They can be rolled up if need be.  I also use them as light jackets over tanks. I do have many 3/4 sleeved tops, but they are a pain when I wear a jacket or cardigan.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet