Esteemed Contributor

What is the point of selling old merchandise at discounted prices? Am I missing something???

Super Contributor

Re: Pre-Season Fashion Prices

QVC wants you to think you are getting a deal with the discounted prices and the end result will be that you buy more clothing.

Valued Contributor

oldRe: Pre-Season Fashion Prices

Not everything was old. There was a lot of new Halston, some IM, Joan Rivers...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What's the point of selling older merchandise at discounted prices?

Isn't that what they should be doing?  Don't a lot of posters complain about the lack of sale prices on QVC, especially on older items?

Honored Contributor

I definitely don't consider past season's merchandise as "pre-season."  QVC was trying to pull the wool over our eyes, IMO.   Past season clothing is past season, not pre-season. 

Honored Contributor

It never hurts to look ,you might see something you like.  I don't care about last season, because my style is pretty classic and things really don't change much  for me

Honored Contributor

wrote:

What's the point of selling older merchandise at discounted prices?

Isn't that what they should be doing?  Don't a lot of posters complain about the lack of sale prices on QVC, especially on older items?

@Lipstickdiva  Nothing wrong with sale prices, but call it what it is...previous season’s merchandise. It’s not pre-season clothing. That’s misleading to the customer to think it’s new.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Technically it's pre-season for the season in which you would wear the items they were selling at the pre-season prices. No, what I saw wasn't new clothing.

But again, I don't care what they want to call it, it was a discount and posters are always complaining about QVC not giving discounts.  If you are a new shopper, you might not have realized it but for those of us long time shoppers, we knew what was going on.  Nowhere did QVC advertise that the merchandise was brand new.

Honored Contributor

.....”pre-season prices not pre-season clothes”.Have to type faster or think slower.  Lol 😂