Contributor

Re: Pre-Season Fall Fashions

LOGO is ridiculous, especially since everything looks like it's out of "Little Women" with all the flounce hemlines.

SG has been good for me since I travel a lot and her knits pack easily with minimal space - however her prices are creeping too high.  And, sales prices are teeny weeny discounts.

I have found a brand on a competing shop channel that has wrinkle-free, easy to pack knits that have basic sytles for a professional woman.  I have started collecting some of these pieces throughout late 2017 and 2018 and so far, I am considering it my first string choice and SG is now second or third by comparison.

This kind-o-cyle is the world of retail...

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Andreatoo

I do have a couple of pics ... The ones at the bottom are from 2016/17.

Crochet jacket ...  2018

IMG_0142.JPG

Lime green (actually brighter than pic shows) will be tuck switch pullover ... still debating with myself on what I'm going to do about the sleeves.  Very slow going.  There are only two tuck rows, but each takes longer to knit than the 6 rows between.

IMG_0232.JPG6

This is the WIP of the crochet jacket with "bishop's sleeves."  It's done, but not blocked.  No FO pic. 

IMG_0215.JPG

These three are the same "pattern" with different yarns.  

navy, white, yellow freeform modules.  Pic posted before.

IMG_4186.JPGIMG_4177.JPG

•  self-striping yarns

IMG_1789.JPG

8 colors - no two modules have the same colors in the same order.  Sleeves are horizontal stripes - with vertical strips from shoulder to cuff.  WIP is closer to the real color.  It's more pink than the blue shown in FO pic. 

IMG_4196.JPGIMG_4227.JPG

.... and a poncho .... and a long cardgan ... and a granny coat that is a real "hoot" to wear!  

IMG_4065.JPGIMG_3785.JPGIMG_3770 (1).JPG

@ALRATIBA

the freeform modules are outstanding! Love the patterns!

What is FO?

Honored Contributor

@CindyStLouWho wrote:

I'm not ready for fall either AND I have some nice pieces I bought during clearance sales last year.

BTW, please, help me understand the LOGO collections.  Everything appears to be a variation on a very limited theme, which I call "pinafores with a flounced edge", whether lace, chiffon or whatever mix media her designers use.

This doens't lend itself to having classic designs in the closet.  One of her things for a novelty, pick-me-up during a drab winter day, but all the time?   I guess I am more traditional and don't get it, especially her high price points.

@CindyStLouWho

I don't think there's anything "to get."  It's just a particular style ... like the classics in your closet. 

I don't have any classics in my closet.  After 12 years of school uniforms and 50 years of corporate attire ... I've rebelled against the classics.

It's a clothing style that is totally freeform ... mixed media / unexpected edging / a jumble of prints and colors.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

Some knitting terms ...

FO = Finished Object

WIP = Work in Progress

TINK = Unknitting (knit spelled backward) stitch by stitch

FROG = rib it out (what a FROG says:   ribbit ribbit ribbit)  Smiley Happy 

Contributor

Thanks for that reply Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo. Quite a talent. I’m very impressed. Beautiful work.

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA- absolutely gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing.

Back before my carpal tunnel problems, I used to knit and crochet most of my sweaters, ponchos, afghans, purses, etc., plus gifts for everybody.  When I couldn't crochet anymore, I was lost for things to do to fill my time.   Your items are lovely - I'm particularly fond of granny squares and shell patterns.   You have quite a talent for color.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

Yep! @ALRATIBA is amazing!

Apparently the talent, and discipline, for knitting and crocheting skips a generation! My daughter sells her creations...

I know how to knit and crochet but not how to actually make something (aside from a giant square) from start to finish..

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@ALRATIBA- absolutely gorgeous!  Thanks for sharing.

Back before my carpal tunnel problems, I used to knit and crochet most of my swehttp://www.knittingboard.com/sock-loomsaters, ponchos, afghans, purses, etc., plus gifts for everybody.  When I couldn't crochet anymore, I was lost for things to do to fill my time.   Your items are lovely - I'm particularly fond of granny squares and shell patterns.   You have quite a talent for color.  

@tototwo

Thanks! .....

Have you ever seen a knitting loom or sock loom?  If you can't manage needles and hooks - you might be able to use a knitting loom.  See www dot knittingboard dot com.

On two occasions, I was unable to knit or crochet (1. arthritis in a splint and 2. broken arm in a brace) - I was able to use the loom.

(If my hands aren't kept busy ... I tend to use them to put food in my mouth!)

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus

Yep! @ALRATIBA is amazing!

Apparently the talent, and discipline, for knitting and crocheting skips a generation! My daughter sells her creations...

I know how to knit and crochet but not how to actually make something (aside from a giant square) from start to finish..

@Andreatoo

If you can make a giant square - you can make yourself a cocoon sweater!   Depending on the size of the square - you can make it to fit almost any size little or big person!  

And, if you can manage a granny hexagon ... you can make some jackets.

rovehandmade dot com/blog/granny-cocoon-shrug