Honored Contributor

Re: Posting selfies in bikinis after 60 on Facebook.

narcissism at its finest--the selfies constantly that I see some post.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I'm not a fan of overexposure in very public situations.  I'm modest.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do a selfie every 6 weeks to see if I really like my haircut.  I set it on my desk and look at it time and again, finding everything wrong with it imaginable and trying to figure out how I can make it look better and in the end, I end up getting the same haircut the next time.  

I am beginning to think it is not the haircut I dislike as much as the face.

Respected Contributor

No, I wouldn’t post bikini pictures. I value my privacy and one never knows what pictures will get shared. I have a Facebook friend who shares posts constantly. People should be cautious as some employers will check Facebook too. But then, the ones who post bikini photos probably are not going to heed any warnings.

I have a 60 year old friend who loves posting over exposed selfies and pics with glamour poses. Facebook is made for her! On the flip side, another Facebook friend posts about her every mundane happening...I found dust bunnies under the bed so I will sweep the floor...the dog likes her new leash...my son is going to a scout meeting. The bikini shots, while probably unwise, are at least not boring me to death.

Honored Contributor

I don’t do Facebook. I don’t wear bikinis - never did. If a 60 year old wants to wear a bikini or anything else for that matter that is her business not mine.

I have posted a few selfies on Twitter when my family and I were at a community rally and a championship basketball game. 

I think there is a big difference between:

A selfie of someone and maybe friends or family by the pool or on the beach AND a person who repeatedly posts pics of themselves wearing skimpy outfits. 

The first seems normal day to day life while the second seems to be screaming for attention. 

JMO

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

I do a selfie every 6 weeks to see if I really like my haircut.  I set it on my desk and look at it time and again, finding everything wrong with it imaginable and trying to figure out how I can make it look better and in the end, I end up getting the same haircut the next time.  

I am beginning to think it is not the haircut I dislike as much as the face.

@Nonametoday . I don't take selfies and never did but I understand whay you're saying....

Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

narcissism at its finest--the selfies constantly that I see some post.  

Its everywhere today..think of the Kardashians..etc!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I'm in sales, and there are several on my team that post selfies almost daily.  I truly do think they are narcissists.  It kind of grosses me out. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I don’t do Facebook. I don’t wear bikinis - never did. If a 60 year old wants to wear a bikini or anything else for that matter that is her business not mine.

I have posted a few selfies on Twitter when my family and I were at a community rally and a championship basketball game. 

A selfie of someone and maybe friends or family by the pool or on the beach AND a person who repeatedly posts pics of themselves wearing skimpy outfits. 

The first seems normal day to day life while the second seems to be screaming for attention. 

JMO

@wilma wrote:

JMO

The lady posting is posting photos with family and friends from the beach or pool. She’s never posting photos of just herself. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@wilma wrote:

JMO

@wilma wrote:

JMO

The lady posting is posting photos with family and friends from the beach or pool. She’s never posting photos of just herself. 

That was kind of what I assumed, although other posters jumped to a different conclusion.  I have no problem with any of this at all, even more so if it's simply vacation and day-at-the beach photos.  Live and let live!