Honored Contributor

Re: Posting selfies in bikinis after 60 on Facebook.

She might have had the girls done. I can’t tell. The rest of her is 100% natural. She is the most energetic, athletic person I’ve ever met. Legs, abdomen, arms, neck are totally toned. She is 1/2 Cherokee and she can tan like no tomorrow. Not a single wrinkle. No facial work at all. She has taken bioidentical hormones though. She’s a lively, happy, person. She’s always having fun. 

Honored Contributor

I say yes! Go for it!

If it’s your style...DO IT!

Life is waaay too short to worry about what others think. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t think she knows that some others might think it’s weird. I think she’s just not ashamed. She is not the only older lady in the photos, too. They are all in bathing suits, some in one piece suits. I do wonder whether she is showing off. My other friend wonders the same thing. I have another friend, who is built like a twenty year old. She’s almost 63. No work on body. Her face does look aged. She never takes any photos and would never post them. As for myself, if I was alone, and was swimming, and could wear one, I’d wear a bikini, if no one could see me. It’s really HOT here in Florida. Heat index today puts temp. as feeling like 103 degrees. I miss the feeling of cool pool water on my abdomen. I would never post any picture in FB. 

Trusted Contributor

I smile when I see pictures like that. They really have something missing from their lives to need the admiration. The comments are even funnier.

My twenty something neice posts occasional pictures of her volleyball team at the beach when they win, I have no problem with that. It's a group picture, they're at the beach and I doubt if any one of them give it a second thought that they're in a bikini/swimming trunks.

Honored Contributor

There arne't any expiration dates on bikinis or any other clothing for that matter nor for posting pics wearing such clothing on social media. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

To each their own. I don’t think it’s a character defect if people do it. I might if it’s in the course of a vacation but not regularly. I would find it inspirational to see women being comfortable in their own at that age!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I have a 61-year-old friend with a decent figure. She posts photos of herself in bikinis on Facebook all the time. If you are older, and look good, would you still wear bikinis? Would you ever post photos of yourself in bikinis in Facebook? I think I might wear a bikini, when sunning, if alone, and I didn’t look bad. I’d never post a photo though. 

@Mindy D  Wow. Another reason I’m happy I’m no longer on FB.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped I agree!! I have a friend who constantly posts pics of herself in skimpy clothes/bikini's. She honestly doesn't have the figure for it either. I do not like the selfie thing anyway. I don't get why they do it several times daily, AND these are not young girls. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I have a 61-year-old friend with a decent figure. She posts photos of herself in bikinis on Facebook all the time. If you are older, and look good, would you still wear bikinis? Would you ever post photos of yourself in bikinis in Facebook? I think I might wear a bikini, when sunning, if alone, and I didn’t look bad. I’d never post a photo though. 

My question is what is the purpose for doing this? To show off?  To get compliments?  To pick up men? She must have little self confidence to need to show herself half naked as a senior citizen.  How embarrassing.

Honored Contributor

The thing with social media...you don’t have to

follow someone if what they do bothers you so much.

It’s really pretty simple.