Respected Contributor

WHY do people do this....?? I have recently noticed several posters posting pic of themselves on the QVC facebook pages, or a vendors page. Most are not too flattering items of clothing (most, I would actully be embarrassed). I don't see the facination of posting these pics. I guess I am not into all that, same with "selfies" on FB. I have unfollowed many friends who post a new selfies almost every day! 

Honored Contributor

Who knows?     I have some "friends" who post spiritual messages all the time.........and I know for a fact it's phony..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

WHY do people do this....?? I have recently noticed several posters posting pic of themselves on the QVC facebook pages, or a vendors page. Most are not too flattering items of clothing (most, I would actully be embarrassed). I don't see the facination of posting these pics. I guess I am not into all that, same with "selfies" on FB. I have unfollowed many friends who post a new selfies almost every day! 

I think some do it simply to participate in a discussion and have fun (like when hosts ask to see your favorite top from XYZ brand or whatever they ask).  But most, I'd say, do it to hear feedback on what they look like.

Honored Contributor

In a lot of the on-air presentations, hosts ask viewers to post photos of themselves: wearing certain outfits, with specific jewelry, out enjoying their garden, all kinds of selfie shots.  Now viewers take that to post everything and anything of themselves.  One more "engagement tactic" of sales. 

One of the by-products of this?  I've heard a couple of on-air callers now expecting the host to remember them by referencing the photo they posted.  Yikes.

Respected Contributor

This thread makes me think  immediately of the people who are put on the air . . . knowing that QVC has millions of folks who watch them, these people are amazed that this is the first time they have been asked to speak on the air.  or, you get 'It's my first time to speak on air. Did I do alright?"  Would any host ever say, "No, you were lousy"?

Do they honestly believe that everyone who buys from QVC will be asked to speak?  And how on earth do some of these folks get past the operators and on the air in the first place?

Honored Contributor

Maybe they post their picture because they're happy with the way the outfit turned out and they want to share.

Honored Contributor
Some people are more interested in fun and conversation that worrying about what others think of them. I like those kinds of people.
Honored Contributor

Ego