Valued Contributor

Posting a product review on HSN

Yesterday I received the Curations Jumpsuit. I tried it on and couldn't believe how good I looked in it..It made me actually look thin!! So, I go on the HSN website and I attempt to post a review...and up comes a pop-up telling me that I can't review a product that I just received..I have to wait, I think it said at least a week to be able to actually judge it properly...WOW..I think QVC will let you post a review for some who never had the product..QVC doesn't post the review right away..BUT they let you write it!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Posting a product review on HSN

That has been the policy for a  few years. They always make you wait a few days before posting.

I look at it as a good thing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352 wrote:

Yesterday I received the Curations Jumpsuit. I tried it on and couldn't believe how good I looked in it..It made me actually look thin!! So, I go on the HSN website and I attempt to post a review...and up comes a pop-up telling me that I can't review a product that I just received..I have to wait, I think it said at least a week to be able to actually judge it properly...WOW..I think QVC will let you post a review for some who never had the product..QVC doesn't post the review right away..BUT they let you write it!

I think that's fair. I think you should wash an article of clothing before you review it. What if you wash it and it shrinks, pills, unravels, etc? How good an article of clothing looks on me is not the only thing I care about when it comes to buying clothing. I also want it to be easy to care for and last. If you write a great review and then the item shrinks or pills on the first wash, you can't edit your review to reflect that or write a follow-up review - one review per item, set in stone. 

You do not yet have all the information.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have mixed feelings about their policy of waiting 5 days or so after receiving an item.  Having bought a lot from HSN in the past, I found that most of the time, I knew right away what I thought about it... sometimes (DG2 in particular) the sizing was SO off from what it was supposed to be, I wanted to let other people know so that if they hadn't ordered yet, if enough reviews said the same thing,they might reconsider sizes.  

Other times, I've gotten an item that was literally about to come apart at the seams and I knew I would not keep it.  People need to know about quality and sizing issues sooner rather than later, because it might prevent so many returns.  There have been many times when I've waited to order, but since reviews couldn't be done soon enough, I just didn't bother.  Other times when reviews did come in, I sometimes wished I could have seen them sooner and would not have ordered.  It's a mixed bag...

Honored Contributor

I think it is a good idea.  I know I have given reviews on items right away at Q on a piece of jewelry telling how great it was and a few days later a stone fell out and I could not go back and change it.  I think waiting is a good thing. So glad you like you new outfit.  Hsn is having a wonderful fashion clearance day today.

Honored Contributor

Great way to avoid  Poster's Regret. 

Honored Contributor

Don't try to review something you returned! I guess you have to wait until it's okay to post but just short of the limit to return. I sent something right back because it was nothing like advertised. I got the pop up slap on the hand so I let them have it in an email.

Honored Contributor

I love that about HSN! And you actually have to have purchased it from them. 

Respected Contributor

I agree that HSN has a good policy. You can't give an accurate review until you have used the product, and washed the clothing.