Esteemed Contributor

Re: Posting Photos of Clothes Not From QVC

Some of my favorite purchases have been from non-Q pics posted on some thread or another. I just respond to the poster with a question and have always gotten a quick response. NBD really. Can't "right click" on my iPad and most days I'm too lazy to go to my desktop to see if the info is embedded in the pic. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

Some of my favorite purchases have been from non-Q pics posted on some thread or another. I just respond to the poster with a question and have always gotten a quick response. NBD really. Can't "right click" on my iPad and most days I'm too lazy to go to my desktop to see if the info is embedded in the pic. 

Why doesn't the OP just post the info in the first place - I think it's reasonable to aniticipate that if a person is "showing" others an item of clothing as being noteworthy somehow (often in response to a question or request, but even if not...) someone will be interested in where to get it.  Clearly the person posting the photos knows where it came from - why not just say that/

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Most times, if someone does not include where the item is from, it's just an oversite. If you ask nicely, most will give you the info. Easy peasy Smiley Happy

Nope.  Not asking, just skipping it.  I honestly don't see the point of posting an enticing photo without stating a source where the item can be found.  It's not worth my trouble to seek it out if the OP doesn't do that.  I just don't otherwie see the point of posting it.

***********************************************************************************

Well ok. Heaven forbid you should have to put any effort in to getting something you want. Sorry Pearley, but that is what this post says to me. That and that you expect perfection from everyone.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I guess in a perfect world someone will post where the item is available at. 

How hard is it to ask though?

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  right click 

choose "open image in a separate tab"

the origin will be in the address bar after that if it is

available...

I post pictures from Pinterest and they usually direct me to blogs.  Since many of those are from past seasons, they are not available... so you won't want to look at any of mine.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Let's just acknowledge her frustration and leave it at that. She is entitled whether or not we get it
Respected Contributor

@LTT1  i really enjoy seeing the pinterest pictures.  they give me many ideas and i love looking at pretty clothes!

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne  I am so glad that you enjoy these!  I get really wrapped up in doing this and hope that the pictures "feed" our fashion interests (etc)!

So many times, the pictures we see will help me see the fashions at the Q differently, perhaps in the way to style them, etc.

Also, I love it when others see and think "oh, I can do this with what I already own -- maybe a bit differently!"

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@LTT1  your post describes very accurately how i feel when you post the pinterest fashions.  you must be a mind reader!  anyway, you do a great job and please continue!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@betteb wrote:

Most times, if someone does not include where the item is from, it's just an oversite. If you ask nicely, most will give you the info. Easy peasy Smiley Happy

Nope.  Not asking, just skipping it.  I honestly don't see the point of posting an enticing photo without stating a source where the item can be found.  It's not worth my trouble to seek it out if the OP doesn't do that.  I just don't otherwie see the point of posting it.

You are not going to take the time or effort to ask yet you do take the time and effort to complain.  That just does not make sense to me.  Sorry.