Honored Contributor

Post Office ruined my holiday

Not really, this is just a riff on all those people that count on things showing up in time for Christmas, etc.  I was planning on wearing my new Lee jeans from Amazon with my new Louis Del Olio ombre top to tomorrow's neighborhood picnic.  Of course nothing is here yet.  Any other time they would be here in 3 days.  Having worked at the post office briefly many years ago, I know they go to a skeleton crew around the summer holidays. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Post Office ruined my holiday

Gotta plan ahead.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

You just made me laugh out loud.   I suppose I could bash and trash the Post office because the white shirt I bought online for the Neiman Marcus discount site didn't arrive yesterday.  It should have, I wanted to wear it tomorrow with my new bleach denim capris.  It doesn't matter, I have other tops.  It will be here Tue. or perhaps Wed.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

You just made me laugh out loud.   I suppose I could bash and trash the Post office because the white shirt I bought online for the Neiman Marcus discount site didn't arrive yesterday.  It should have, I wanted to wear it tomorrow with my new bleach denim capris.  It doesn't matter, I have other tops.  It will be here Tue. or perhaps Wed.  

@chrystaltree   and if not by either of those, you should definitely have it in time for the Fourth of July.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

@depglass, lol, love your sense of humor.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I have to wonder about surepost though.My neighbor has been receiving all of my parcels lately and thankfully dropping them off to our house.We hadn’t really gotten to know each other before this.They are Korean and don’t speak much English but we are now working on our sign language,body language and a few words to communicate.I am really enjoying their friendship so this problem has its good and bad.

Honored Contributor

If it isn't the Post Office, it's The Weatherman ruining all my perfect plans...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

If it isn't the Post Office, it's The Weatherman ruining all my perfect plans...

Us too - we were going to a picnic , now cancelled so we are going to a restaurant in town instead.

Honored Contributor

Well, check back with me later and I MIGHT be ready to bash the post office.

However, right at this moment I'm 'lovin' the post office.  Why?  Well, I get quite a bit of useless stuff from QVC.  In the past it was delivered to my garage door and sat out in the rain (because I didn't know it was there).

However, that problem has been settled.  A friend got me a large Rubbermaid box with a lid.  It sits at the top of the driveway (beside the garage door).  

Another friend put a sign in my mailbox door that says, "Please deliver the packages to the garage".  Then there is a sign on the garage door that says, "Please put packages in the box to the left".

The same friend installed the "RING" thing at the front door and at the garage door.  So when the post office or UPS delivers the packages (and puts them inside the Rubbermaid box) my RING goes off and I know something was delivered.

Problem solved.  But, like I said, check back another time and I'll probably be unhappy about something the post office has done because before that....well...I was really angry 24/7.

Super Contributor

LOL@ Tique.

@Tique wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree   and if not by either of those, you should definitely have it in time for the Fourth of July.